JV-80 patch restore to JV-90: please help

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
MyndJestyr

JV-80 patch restore to JV-90: please help

Post by MyndJestyr »

Hoping you all can help me...

I have a JV-80 with many of my own patches. I recently acquired a JV-90 and I don't want to manually recreate all the patches on the JV-90 (yes I'm lazy). :)

I used Midi-Ox to perform a bulk dump of my JV-80 and was successful in creating the Sysex file.
I then did the same thing with my JV-90.

As a test, I restored my JV-90 sysex file back to the JV-90 to ensure everything was configured correctly as far as midi configuration. It was successful.

I then tried to restore the JV-80 sysex dump to the JV-90. Midi-Ox shows the transfer progress and completion, but nothing happens on my JV-90. No activity, no menu messages, etc and nothing transfers.

It was my understanding that patch info between these synths was interchangeable but perhaps I'm wrong or I'm not doing this correctly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
MyndJestyr

Re: JV-80 patch restore to JV-90: please help

Post by MyndJestyr »

So I ended up just backuping up my JV-80 user patches to a Roland memory card, then inserted it into my JV-90 and copied each patch to the location I wanted one at a time. All good except for one particular patch that was missing a tone waveform that I did not have on the JV-90.