DIF-AT alternatives?

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
UnderTheStairs

DIF-AT alternatives?

Post by UnderTheStairs »

Hi,

I'm told that the only alternative to using a DIF-AT box to get 8 channels of digital into my USB interface is the PreSonus V-Fire box - presumably by making an aggregate device in the Mac's Audio Midi preferences. Does anyone know of any other solutions?

Anyone selling a V-Fire box?

Thanks.
koitsu

Re: DIF-AT alternatives?

Post by koitsu »

Ah, man, you just missed a DIF-AT that went for $125 on Reverb this morning!

I've actually inherited the PCBs and components that user "bear" over at VSPlanet used to create his own DIF-AT24 equivalent device a few years back. So basically allowing 8 channels over ADAT from the RBUS port. This design is nice because it's very small and can be plugged directly into the back of your instrument/mixer and then run via toslink for ADAT to your USB interface.

I've got 10 boards, plan to keep two for myself for use with my XVs. I still need to do assemble and test those two before I assemble additional boards for others, but if you're not in a hurry, shoot me a message and I can let you know when I finally get going on this. (Expect a month or two, since I'm tied up with work-related stuff right now.)

If anyone else is interested, let me know, but please be advised that I need to assemble and thoroughly test my own boards before I'll even remotely consider sending to others. Also note that MIDI (via RBUS) would require additional components added, so I'd need to know if that's necessary for your uses.
JR97

Re: DIF-AT alternatives?

Post by JR97 »

Old post, but were you successful getting one built and tested? I'd be very very interested in buying one from you.