8MB SR-JV Waveform Card for Roland JD / JV / XP / XV Series

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
Miks

8MB SR-JV Waveform Card for Roland JD / JV / XP / XV Series

Post by Miks »

Saxifraga

Re: 8MB SR-JV Waveform Card for Roland JD / JV / XP / XV Series

Post by Saxifraga »

Hi. Just got an XP-30 with two empty slots. Did you try the ROMULator yourself? Do you know anybody who uses it?
I am tempted to buy one and make backup copies of all the cards I can buy, get or lend from people, so we can all share and secure the future of those old technological relics. (Praised be the OMNISSIAH! #01101001 Incantatio #FREERAM) ;)
digitalbilly

Post by digitalbilly »

Miks wrote: 10:07, 9 October 2020 Just for your information...

https://sector101.co.uk/sr-jv-romulator.html

I want a few of these cards and programer!!! keeping my eye out for when in stock again
digitalbilly

Post by digitalbilly »

I ordered an SR-JV Romulator with a card. Im hoping I will have it in a couple of weeks. Right now I'm reading thru the manual and the Rom Hacking kit Readme.

I have a JV-2080 with 7 cards and I plan to use the last remaining slot for the Romulator.

I want to make my own personal custom cards. Say take some patches and presets from another card to make your own special card. I’m thinking I can use this to make my own special EDM card with all my favorite sounds from techno/dance/vintage synths/house. etc...cards.

but all I can figure out is how to back up my existing cards and burn them on a new card.

Does anyone have a write-up or is this process possible has anyone attempted it?