XP80 mainboard question

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
rwh800

XP80 mainboard question

Post by rwh800 »

I am in the process of repairing an XP80 mainboard that has a low audio output level.

Having removed the coin cell and all the SMD electrolytic caps, I applied a multimeter between the +5V line and ground, and measured a DC resistance of 63 Ohms. This seems very low, much lower than the same measurement taken from an XP50 mainboard that I repaired previously. I am thinking that maybe there is a short somewhere on the board. I spend a couple of hours looking at the board under a magnifying glass trying to find a piece of metal or solder but could not see anything.

I would like to ask for your help. If you have an XP80 mainboard and a multimeter, please can you do me a favour and measure the DC resistance between pins 1 and 8 of connector CN5, in both directions? Please remove the coin cell before doing this.

If anyone is able to help with this I would be very grateful!

Thank you,

Robert
Pix

Re: XP80 mainboard question

Post by Pix »

Hi Robert. I am having some trouble identifying the capacitor values on my XP80 motherboard. I want to replace all of them and was wondering if you had a list of all the required caps.
As in voltage and value.
It would be extremely helpful.
Thank you Tobert
Pix
MatrixRat

Re: XP80 mainboard question

Post by MatrixRat »

Service manuals here:- https://www.synthxl.com/