Need Help XP-30

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
circletrack15

Need Help XP-30

Post by circletrack15 »

Hi, Im just getting started using an XP-30 with a Proteus 1 rack unit. I have looked at the manual and followed it but is very confusing to me in reguards as getting the XP-30 to talk to the Proteus? Midi out from XP to Midi in on the proteus and when playing keys you can clearly see a red Midi light on the Proteus blinking when hitting keys? However, all I hear is the patch from my XP? Can some please walk me thru being able to hear the patches from the Proteus? If I change preset on Proteus I get nothing, if I change the patch on my XP it changes and has sound??? What am I doing wrong????
vsyn7425

Re: Need Help XP-30

Post by vsyn7425 »

This could be many things but I would suggest checking the Midi Receive channel of your Proteus is the same as the transmitting channel of the XP-30. The red light on the Proteus only shows that a midi message is being received, it doesn't mean it's on the right midi channel. The Proteus 1 doesn't have a headphone output so you will need to connect the left and right outputs to an audio interface or mixer/amp.

Check the Midi Mode of the Proteus is in Poly Mode or Multi mode and make sure each midi channel is enabled. See page 15 and 16 of the manual. Also make sure the volumes of each channel is more than zero.