How to recreate Van Halen's JUMP sound on JV-80

Forum for JD, JV, XP and XV synthesizers from 1990's
dbrosa

How to recreate Van Halen's JUMP sound on JV-80

Post by dbrosa »

Hi everyone! I`m a totally begginer user of the "vintage" JV-80 Multitimbral Synth and I'm trying to recreate the Jump`s sound on it, facing some difficulties... I have some questions and I like to thank you in advance if you could give me some support.

1) Is it possible to edit JV-80's sounds using a computer or simmiliar plataform other than navigating inside the many manus of the small 2 line display of the synth?

2) How to create Van Halen's Jump sound on the JV-80? My understanding is that to recreate this sounds I'll need to use 2 oscilators and adjust attack , decay and sustain but really don't foinded out how to do that in a reasonable way for a begguiner like me.

3) Does someone have the Jump sound already recrated in any JV keyboard that could share the patch or at least send the full parameters used so I can "copy and paste" to my JV-80?

4) last but not least (and kind of returning to the fisrt question) does JV series has any computer based editor? If yes, as the JV-80 does not have USB port, how is the best way to handle patches between the PC and the keyboard.

Thank you VERY MUCH !!!