JP-8000 And Roland Super Chorus

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
EricM

JP-8000 And Roland Super Chorus

Post by EricM »

I just picked up a cheap JP-8000 and really dig the Chorus effects and EQ. I really want to be able to use a similar chorus on my Nord Lead 3, so does anyone know if Roland/Boss has any rackmount effects processors with similar effects (As well as reverbs, and additional effects) as those on the JP-8000?

----------------------------------------------
Roland Fantom X8
Yamaha EX-5
Korg Wavestation
Korg M1
Nord Lead 3
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: JP-8000 And Roland Super Chorus

Post by Artemiy »

Your Fantom-X8 has several killer chorus MFX algorithms, like 3D chorus and hexa chorus. Anyway, if you'd like to have a chorus produced around the same time the JP-8000 was, try Boss SE-70 multi-effects processor or the like.
EricM

Post by EricM »

It never really crossed my mind to use the X8 as an Effects Processor. I knew it could be done, just never thought about it. Gave it a try and I was pleased with the results. Thanks for the suggestion.

My only complaint is the limited number of effects blocks the X8 has, which causes a bit of a problem when I want to use the Nord simultaneously with the X8's onboard sounds. I really hope the next Fantom increases the number of effects blocks.

----------------------------------------------
Roland Fantom X8
Yamaha EX-5
Roland JP-8000
Korg M1
Nord Lead 3
kayvon

Post by kayvon »

For a multi-effects unit you could try the Boss SX-700 aswell as trying to find a Roland SDX-330 which is mainly dedicated to chorus/short delay effects.

I've been trying to find a reasonably priced SDX-330 for some time but when I needed a rompler module I bought the Fantom XR and was suitably impressed enough by the mfx to stop looking for a SDX and also get rid of my Lexicon MPX-550.