Loading patches into JP-8080

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
claudio

Loading patches into JP-8080

Post by claudio »

Someone could please explain how i do that?
I have an M-Audio Audiophile Firewire soundboard with midi in and midi out and use WinJPlib to transfer patch (.midi or .pat files).
I connect JP keyboard in to soundboard midi out. Then have checked midi devices on WinJplib (i select m-audio midi in and m-audio midi out), then send the new .pat banks but nothing happens.
Could you explain the right midi connection and the right parameters settings on JP?

Really thanks.
I like a lot jp8080, even if is a quite old gear.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Loading patches into JP-8080

Post by Artemiy »

Have a look at the 8080 manual, see if there is a system setting called Receive SysEx Data or similar, you should turn it on.
claudio

Re: Loading patches into JP-8080

Post by claudio »

Just confused midi in input. In JP-8080 i've 2 kind of input: "remote Keyboard midi in" and a 'simple' midi in. I've to connect to pc soundboard the last one. It's a good thing 'cos i can upload patches without sconnect from master keyboard. It's my first rack and sinth, i don't know if it's normal.
Anyway JP-8080 has wonderful sounds.
It's strange. There are a lot of new, amazing and sophisticated gear now, i think fantom G, motif XS etc. I dream to have all of them! But sometimes it's beautiful turn back to the past and appreciate the semplicity of old sinths. Today a new sinth is like a monster and is full optional, you can do anything, mixing, sampling, recording, have a drum muchine, it'a computer with mouse, dimm etc ect. But i feel sometimes we forget and lose the most important thing, that is play music. Well, i'm doing only deep and crazy meditations!! I like too much my "new" JP.

Bye