Jp8000 filter repair / replacement

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
makdaddy

Jp8000 filter repair / replacement

Post by makdaddy »

hello hello roland clan

1st post , here goes!!

My old JP800's filter cutoff is behaving erattically to say the least. from the bottom of the slider to about 2/3 way up theres no response then for the last 3rd of the slider the filter response just goes a little crazy!!

..im guessing this needs some servicing and TLC or if not user servicable then a replacement.

Does anyone have the knowledge or know where i can source the knowledge to service the filter cutoff myself?

.. or know of anywhere in the UK that could replace this part?

Many thanks from a filter frustrated makdaddy!
mrcpro

Re: Jp8000 filter repair / replacement

Post by mrcpro »

The slider itself is worn out and needs replacement. Don't spray cleaner into it! You will make matters worse and possibly damage other components.

Any keyboard tech should be able to repair it. It's a common breakdown in all brands. Don't try it yourself unless you know what you are doing, because if it's typical Roland the whole thing needs to be disassembled to get to the front panel controls.
jessej

Re: Jp8000 filter repair / replacement

Post by jessej »

I can tell that you need to unscrew 70 screws to realize you have to open 320 more screws + do a total disassembly to get to the back of the front panel on the JP-8000. It's crazy, so don't try it on your own.