JP8000 or Novation KS Rack

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
shock

JP8000 or Novation KS Rack

Post by shock »

i know this question doesnt belong here......but can anyone suggest whether to buy a Novation KS rack or a Roland JP-8000. I'll be getting the novation for about 170 pounds and the JP at about 270 pounds. Both instruments are good condition. please someone suggest! this'll be my first synth. previously i've owned workstations only. want to experiement the synth side of the story! :P
Atziluth

Re: JP8000 or Novation KS Rack

Post by Atziluth »

I can't tell you much about the Novation so no comments about this.

The JP8000 is a nice synth and was very expensive in the past, I mean it was a top range synth.

So, for the price of £ 270 I would go for the JP8000, also you have to know it's a very looked after synth till today. You also will get the legendary super saw osc.

Another point is, that you will find a lot of additional sound patches, in the internet, for the JP8000. The sound is still impressive for a synth made in 1996 ;-)

Good luck
dbijoux

Re: JP8000 or Novation KS Rack

Post by dbijoux »

Sounds like you are looking at some classic trance synths there. They are both quite capable and well known for this.

I say buy them both!!! because here is the thing with synths, you can't have enough. XD

Seriously tho, maybe to assist your decision, you should say what you have already and what kind of musics/noises you want to makes.