What no JP8000 section???

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
KonaKurt

What no JP8000 section???

Post by KonaKurt »

Hello everyone!

After many years of missing one (I once purchased one new back in 98', but then had it stolen from my home a year later!) I have just purchased a beautiful mint condition used JP8000!

I'm a happy man, and I have spent the last month getting used to it, as a lone instrument.

I'm just wondering, why there is no JP8000 SECTION on this forum with all the other Roland greats?? Can the webmaster of this site maybe create one, as I am sure there are many owners out there of this great piece of kit.

KK.
Electrowind51

Re: What no JP8000 section???

Post by Electrowind51 »

I coundn't agree more. I purchased a Gaia in July, and love it. I assumed I would no longer need the JP-8000, boy was I wrong. They both sound great IMHO and have different strengths. I use layered sounds alot, and by that I mean I pull out my trusty MIDI cable and connect two synths together. Like Gaia with Micron or JP-8000 with Ion. So what I'm saying is that these units are good on there own, but also very useful when used in combination with other synths too.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

I agree with you guys, a JP-8000/8080 section would be great. It's one of my faves. Mine got damaged a couple of years ago and I had repaired, but I really missed it while it was down. It's a great synth. Hands on for programming and has it's own sound. Qualifies as a genuine Roland classic in my view. BTW can we upload attachments/files to the forums again yet? I've made some patches for the JP lately that I could share with the forum.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, we can upload attachments now. I will consider a 8000/8080 sections, please let me think.
KonaKurt

Post by KonaKurt »

I completely forgot that I wrote this original thread back in August..!

And yes I still agree that a JP8000/8080 section would be a popular idea. The 8000 seems to be a little discussed synth, even though many of them are still in use around the world today. It is stunning in my opinion, especially for supersaw strings and pads. Not exactly the best selection of preset patches i have come across (although some are STUNNING), but what it lacks in preset selection it more than makes up for in build quality and ease of 'hands on' use. I will never sell mine :o)

Yes please Artemiy, let's have a section for the JP's!!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Well, here you go :-)