JP80x0 init patch?

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
erolz

JP80x0 init patch?

Post by erolz »

Hi,

Can someone please upload a JP80x0 init patch? (or show me how to find one)
thank you!
erolz
Leh173

Re: JP80x0 init patch?

Post by Leh173 »

You can create an Init patch or performance on the JP-8000 by holding down SHIFT and pressing [INIT/UTIL] and the Initialize options should appear, then select the one you want, in your case PATCH:TEMP, which on mine is the first option displayed, you can also use the bank up/down buttons to cycle though the other options.

The full procedure is described on page 91 of the JP-8K user manual. If you don't have one download it here:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=261

Go to the support tab and you can download the manual there. The JP-8000 manual is actually quiet well written and helpful for a Roland manual from the 90's!

It would be similar for the JP-8080 I would imagine.

Edit: If you don't see the initialize options, keep pressing the [INIT/UTIL] button until they do appear. The JP-8000 remember what setting you later used, so it will stay on whatever was last selected each time you access the [INIT/UTIL] menu.
erolz

Post by erolz »

Thank you.
so when i select [INIT/UTIL] Initialize PATCH:TEMP, a init patch will be created? Is it possible to save the init patch in a midi file to load it with my sequencer? (Cubase)
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Yes that's correct and new INIT patch will be created in which ever part of the performance you are in (UPPER/LOWER).

You can save the sound into your sequencer by doing a MIDI dump from the JP-8000. Just select the option to send PATCH:TEMP from the bulk dump page on the JP [INIT/UTIL] keep pressing this button until the Bulk Dump options come up the cycle through until you see the PATCH:UPPER or PATCH:LOWER options (be mindful of where you have created the initialized patch, the JP is always in Performance mode, you just play patches loaded into it lower or upper part) and then hit record on your sequencer and write on the JP.
I don't think though that you need to bother with this. Each time you need an init patch or performance, why not just make a new one each time on JP itself? Anyway check out the manual for detailed instructions on how to do these operations I have described.