how transfer .mid patches to jp8000?

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
djdizzy

how transfer .mid patches to jp8000?

Post by djdizzy »

i've used winjlib to transfer soundsets with a .pat (patch) and .pfm (performance) file extension but i have a couple soundsets that are have a .mid file extension and don't know how to transfer them. winjlib gives a generic "file error" message. i tried to use midi-ox but it just wants to play it as if it was a composition. i use ableton as my daw but, while it can load regular (composition) .mid files it can't load this one so i'm guessing it doesn't support sysex.

any ideas?
kineticsoundprism

Re: how transfer .mid patches to jp8000?

Post by kineticsoundprism »

[quote="djdizzy"]i've used winjlib to transfer soundsets with a .pat (patch) and .pfm (performance) file extension but i have a couple soundsets that are have a .mid file extension and don't know how to transfer them. winjlib gives a generic "file error" message. i tried to use midi-ox but it just wants to play it as if it was a composition. i use ableton as my daw but, while it can load regular (composition) .mid files it can't load this one so i'm guessing it doesn't support sysex.

you need to use repeaer or cubase or a cheap free midi sequencer that transmits midi sysex .Sadly ableton is utterly backward on this front i think as the designers i dont really think believe anyone still uses midi.

I think emagic sounddiver can also load midi and transmit >? ( i use sounddiver for all my synths and with the jp8000 its superb as a librarian .

http://www.kineticsoundprism.com
Exotic vsynth sample banks