POWER TRIPPED, RESULT: NO MIDI I/O JP8000..... HELP

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
Foxonecom

POWER TRIPPED, RESULT: NO MIDI I/O JP8000..... HELP

Post by Foxonecom »

I recently had a power surge at my house while working in the studio resulting in both MIDI ports on the JP8000 to fail. It was the only synth connected via MIDI to the PC running Cubase 7 at the time. The cables are fine ive checked, the local is on, i can only think maybe an OS update is needed which i cannot get anywhere or last resort factory reset without performing a MIDI dump, heartbreaking.

So if anybody has had a similar problem or knows a setting that may have prg changed, even a link to the updates it would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Macska

Re: POWER TRIPPED, RESULT: NO MIDI I/O JP8000..... HELP

Post by Macska »

Man that's terrible, I feel your pain just imagining that happening to my JP.

This is a shot in the dark, and a long one at that, but maybe when the power tripped cubase sent a sort of program change to the JP that changed which midi channel it transmits and receives on? Try starting a midi track in cubase with your JP hooked up and put a measure of quarter notes on loop. Then keep switching the output channel and see if any of them get a response from the JP.

Also have you tried controlling another midi device from the JP or plugging in a midi controller to the JP Midi in to check that it isn't something wrong with your interface?

I'd check the manual and try to put the JP Midi settings all at default and see if that fixes things. If you need me to look in my JP menus to answer any questions I'm happy to help.
Foxonecom

Re: POWER TRIPPED, RESULT: NO MIDI I/O JP8000..... HELP

Post by Foxonecom »

Thanks for the reply, i will try your suggestions later tonight and post my progress.