I JUST BOUGHT A JP8000 NEED HELP

Forum for JP-8000/8080 synthesizers from 1990's
tecno.logica

I JUST BOUGHT A JP8000 NEED HELP

Post by tecno.logica »

ey mi boys I just bought my first synth...and of course is a JP 8000. I have a couple of questions for you guys to help me out:

1- My speakers are not here yet so I´ve been just messing with my Superlux headphones and my HD 25 as well. The thing is, when I hit some Low end I just feel the sound distorting it self a lot. In some cases is because of CHORUS FX or the Release (ADSR). But most of the times is not. So is normal for the JP8000 distort with low end frequencys?

2- Difference between Patches and Performs. Ive read about it but my english is trickin me so if you guys can help me out would be great.

3- Is ok to overwrite Performs ? Because ive already filled the empty spots (82-88). Is there any way to store more Performs/Patches without overwritin dem?

I love for example Fizzoid Bass, the 12th patch/perform ,but Ive edited that patch like 3 times and i dont have where to store it and i want to keep the original (EVEN THOUGH MY EDITS SOUND COOLER AND BETTER AND HEAVYER)

4- Before beating the meat thinkin about the JP8000 I was a Massiv (NI) user, and i still use it. the thing is , how can i creat a PATCH/PERFROM from Scratch (dont forget that i still dont know the diferenc between those two so dont be judgemental or ill start cryn )

Knowledge is power. Sharing is Caring.

Thank you,

Best Reguards,

Snowflake generation that will die by the age of 50