Live Set List

Forum for JUPITER-50
jbobik4

Live Set List

Post by jbobik4 »

Just got my Jupiter 50. Loving the presets so far and key action is even nicer than the Fantom. So aren't there supposed to be 2320 Live Sets? How does one find them and switch between? I have a few Live Sets in the first 2 registrations but nothing else. Just preset sounds. Running 1.10.
unclebyron

Re: Live Set List

Post by unclebyron »

Excellent question. I also just got a Jupiter 50 and after scrolling through about 16 Live Sets they stopped with empty slots after that. I haven't dug into the manual yet.

BTW it's nice to see someone contribute to the Jupiter 50 forum. There hasn't been a new post since January. I've been keeping up with the Jupiter 80 forum to see if anything would apply to the 50.
jbobik4

Post by jbobik4 »

I've read a lot of reviews that are purely negative. Talking about how no true synthesist would indulge in a purchase such as this, only for 'wedding bands' they say. Its sad to see such a lack of enthusiasm for other people's share of the passion. We all make music for a reason. Most of us because music fuels our lives. The need to put down the hardware AND the people trying to use it is a sad commentary of the state of some people in our community.

For the rest of us, I don't think it necessary to justify this synth. Analog synths from the 80's are just that. This is a modern reinterpretation that I think does a huge amount of justice to keeping that passion alive. For those of us that could never afford even a used Jupiter 8, this synth gives us the live stage presence we need to succeed in our musical endeavors. Whatever they may be.

I do find it a little mystical to navigate. My Fantom G took a week or so to delve into, but has a much more intuitive interface compared to the monochrome display on the Jupiter 50. But I put my Jupiter above my Fantom on the stand and immediately found the inspiration I was looking for. Especially with the Synth Legends patches installed. I enjoy creating my own sound most of the time anyways, hence my Gaia. But I do like the standard patches that are installed. If you find any more insight into how best to tackle the interface, please share!!!
RoyR

Post by RoyR »

unclebyron wrote:Excellent question. I also just got a Jupiter 50 and after scrolling through about 16 Live Sets they stopped with empty slots after that. I haven't dug into the manual yet.

BTW it's nice to see someone contribute to the Jupiter 50 forum. There hasn't been a new post since January. I've been keeping up with the Jupiter 80 forum to see if anything would apply to the 50.
You're looking at Registrations, not live sets. The main screen shown on bootup displays the live set on the bottom right labeled "Upper". The entire main screen shows all three components of a registration.

Dig into that manual. You must, with a unit this complex. Once you learn how registrations, livesets, tones...and the lower part, upper part, and solo part all fit together, you'll understand.

Roy
unclebyron

Post by unclebyron »

I will. Thanks for the suggestion.
jbobik4

Post by jbobik4 »

I do really love this synth. But I must say when I sat down with the Jupiter 80, the pre-programmed live sets seemed so much easier to access. It seemed like the inspiration oozed from the keys. The 50 seems much more "manual" if that makes any sense.