Tip for handling JP 50 on stage with iPad

Forum for JUPITER-50
Nordi

Tip for handling JP 50 on stage with iPad

Post by Nordi »

Hi all

After some problems with my JP50 OS i try to start loving my JP50. Ok, for me and my music i am sure i got the optimal sounds with that synth and i love it :-) To build a new sound seems to me very easy and very fast. But i am more a "live" musican, so i am looking for a better way of handling my equipment on stage. One more information - i use normaly on stage my Nord Stage, the JP50, sometimes a Roland Stage piano and for playing Gitarre a Boss GT10. all together will be controlled with an iPad App called "Setlistmaker" via Midi. so i am looked for an Midi patchbay or router and found a really great App! Sad, it is very expensive, but works really great.
I will make an example:

I have a very nice "strings-sound". That sound i want to use in maybe three different songs. In song one i need no split point and the pan of strings is the middle. The second song i need that strings with split on C4 and a lower volume and no pitchwheel and chorrus and.... In the third song i need two splitpoints C3and F5 and full volume and something more. Normaly i have to save three different registrations in JP50 with the same strings.
The App iMidipatchbay can handle that, and much more. A really great feature is, Midipatchbay works in background and use a virtual Midichannel. So my App setlistmaker send some programmchangemessage from performancelist and the iMidipatchbay sends to all my different keyboards and the Git Amp the Midi messages i need now. In Appstore there is a lite version from that app for checking out. It is a little bit tricky for understanding how it works, but it works really great.

Here is the link to the homepage:
http://www.imidipatchbay.com/

Cheers - Nordi