Jupiter 50 Sound Demo question

Forum for JUPITER-50
realjazzsax

Jupiter 50 Sound Demo question

Post by realjazzsax »

Hello All,

Does anybody know the name of this sound between :26 thru :41.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQPAnhTQ ... ata_player

Can it be found in the Integra/Fa08 sound engine? If not can somebody provide the parameters so I can attempt to modify a sound to hopefully come close to it?

Thanks!!
tnicoson

Re: Jupiter 50 Sound Demo question

Post by tnicoson »

In that video, Scott Tibbs is premiering some of the JP-50's more extravagant registrations. I believe the one you are asking about is just the "CHAIN SAW" registration. As a JP-50 owner, I can not answer for the Integra-7 or FA-08, but I would assume it is included in the Integra-7.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tnicoson wrote:In that video, Scott Tibbs is premiering some of the JP-50's more extravagant registrations. I believe the one you are asking about is just the "CHAIN SAW" registration. As a JP-50 owner, I can not answer for the Integra-7 or FA-08, but I would assume it is included in the Integra-7.
Is it possible for a JP-50 owner to give us a hint on what are the live sets that this registration is composed of, so we can try to replicate on the integra and/or the FA as they are similar?

Or indicate where one can find that info, if publicated

Thanks ;-)
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Sorry Paulo !

I should have given you this info in my previous post.

Jupiter-50 "Chain Saw" Registration:

_____Solo Tone: Strings (OFF by default)

_____Lower Tone: JP8 Strings 10 (OFF by default)

_____Upper LiveSet: JP Mega Saw:

__________Tone 1 SN Syn___SynLead8______ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 2 SN Syn___TranceKey6____ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 3 SN Syn___TranceKey10___ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 4 SN Syn___JP8000Brs______ON___Vol 120

I was going to suggest that you download the JP-50 Tone List, but it just lists the LiveSet names without cross-referencing them to the Tones they use, so that wouldn't be of much use to you.

Here is a link to Katsunori UJIIIE playing through some of the JP-50 Registrations. It's in Japanese, but if you watch the display very closely over his shoulder, you can read the names of a few of the Registrations as he plays them. If you have any questions about any of them, give a shout, and I will try to identify them for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6RFX7s5VY

Regards,

Ted
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

tnicoson wrote:Sorry Paulo !

I should have given you this info in my previous post.

Jupiter-50 "Chain Saw" Registration:

_____Solo Tone: Strings (OFF by default)

_____Lower Tone: JP8 Strings 10 (OFF by default)

_____Upper LiveSet: JP Mega Saw:

__________Tone 1 SN Syn___SynLead8______ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 2 SN Syn___TranceKey6____ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 3 SN Syn___TranceKey10___ON___Vol 100
__________Tone 4 SN Syn___JP8000Brs______ON___Vol 120

I was going to suggest that you download the JP-50 Tone List, but it just lists the LiveSet names without cross-referencing them to the Tones they use, so that wouldn't be of much use to you.

Here is a link to Katsunori UJIIIE playing through some of the JP-50 Registrations. It's in Japanese, but if you watch the display very closely over his shoulder, you can read the names of a few of the Registrations as he plays them. If you have any questions about any of them, give a shout, and I will try to identify them for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6RFX7s5VY

Regards,

Ted
Thanks tnicoson, without this info it would be difficult for me to simulate ;-)

I already got a similar sounding StudioSet on my integra, but as two of the Tones do not exist on the integra (TranceKey10 and JP8000Brs) I had to do it "by ear".
Can you give me more details on those two tones, like a photo of the Editor showing the main parameters?

Due to the 16 Part multitimbral of the integra/FA-06 - 08, we can have up to 4x JP-50/80 "liveSets" per Integra Studioset, or even have Parts 1-4 for Lower, 5-8 for Upper, 9-12 for Percussion and 13-16 for Solo.

just imagine the possibilities :-)
realjazzsax

Post by realjazzsax »

Thanks guys!
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Paulo

Here are the screen shots you asked for. Tone-1 uses all 3 Partials, while Tones 2,3, and 4 each use only Partials 1 and 2 for a total of 9 Partials for the entire MegaSaw LiveSet. Each Partial requires 2 edit screens - the OSC-FLTR-AMP edit screen and the LFO edit screen. I've sent you the entire set for all active Partials, so there will be a total of 18 screens.

The Integra-7 does have the JP8000 Brs 2 Tone. See SuperNatural Synth Tone #276 on Page 8 of the Tone List.

The Trance Key 6 and Trance Key 10 Tones appear to be identical except that Trance Key 6 is continually sustaining as long as the key is held down, where as Trance Key 10 decays to zero in 4 to 5 seconds. Within the LiveSet, Trance Key 6 is panned fully left and Trance Key 10 is panned fully right with Trance Key 10's initial attack volume about 30% greater than that of Trance Key 6. The overall effect of just these two tones alone is a stereo tone that starts out panned slightly right and, in 4 to 5 seconds, decays to a fully left panned continually sustaining tone.
MEGA SAW LiveSet.zip
(5.05 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Sorry, Paulo !

I forgot to include the MegaSaw effects settings in my previous post:
MEGA SAW EFFECTS.zip
(14.96 MiB) Downloaded 151 times
realjazzsax

Post by realjazzsax »

tnicoson wrote:Sorry, Paulo !

I forgot to include the MegaSaw effects settings in my previous post:
MEGA SAW EFFECTS.zip
Paulo did you try this? I tried and f'ed it up. If you could can you share on the Repository of Sound for the Jupiter 80 website (in the the FA06/08 Section?)

Thanks tnicoson!! Thanks Paulo!!