Jupiter 50

Forum for JUPITER-50
The Man Machine

Jupiter 50

Post by The Man Machine »

Hi guys,

Had my eyes on a workstation (FA06 and MOXF6) but at the moment I can get a used J50 under 1k.

Since it comes with Sonar I might decide on getting into DAW although a workstation I still favor.

Can't seem to find any information (even in the manual) on how to play with LFO and envelopes.

Do you really need that silly app on iPad in order to tweek your sounds?

TIA

Cheers Mike
The Man Machine

Re: Jupiter 50

Hi guys,

This seems not a popular model :)

Sorted the editing.

Yet still wonder what Sonar LE actually does.

Is it a midi sequencer, what can it do what can't it do?

If Sonar doesn't do midi sequencing it is back to a workstation.

Just watched a Roland FA06 video where a guy triggered samples from keyboard...I dunno Jupiter.
troggg

Post by troggg »

Hey, JP50 is a very useful machine ... a very useful machine that has been abandoned by both Roland and most people who have ever frequented this forum. I have used the hell out of mine, which I also got for a crazy deal.

So you have to balance the fact that is has great sounds and a great keyboard with the fact that support for it absolutely sucks. And it's not exactly intuitive.

I'm glad I bought mine. but I might not have had I known what an orphaned keyboard it would become.
The Man Machine

troggg wrote:Hey, JP50 is a very useful machine ... a very useful machine that has been abandoned by both Roland and most people who have ever frequented this forum. I have used the hell out of mine, which I also got for a crazy deal.

So you have to balance the fact that is has great sounds and a great keyboard with the fact that support for it absolutely sucks. And it's not exactly intuitive.

I'm glad I bought mine. but I might not have had I known what an orphaned keyboard it would become.
I see the potential of the Jup50.

Agree that it is weird that support is slacking, in particular for a semi pro or pro kinda keyboard.

Look at the Roland FA06 and support, nearly unlimited, and this is an entry level workstation. Nothing wrong with that but just saying.

At €850 in mint condition with a warranty I can't complain.

This is the best synth I ever owned. Bought it because of the synth sounds, but the pianos etc are of incredible quality as well, beyond belief. Incredible how far digital has come this day.

Nice to see at least one active JUP50 owner in the forum :)

Brothers in synths sort of speak.
progg

Post by progg »

Did you buy yours from musicstore.de? They have this almost crazy deal for Jupiter-50 now - 850 euro...Obviously Roland totally abandoned Jupiter line, thomann don't offer them anymore. I'm really torn between JP50 and the FA-07. From what I hear they would share the same quality keybed, but I'm more after a stage instrument and Jp, not only unsupported, is far from the FA intuitiveness. But this price for an instrument made in Japan (if this still counts)...what a headache :)
JohnWick7

Post by JohnWick7 »

It is a good knowledge.
duque5582

Post by duque5582 »

tengo el jp50 y no tengo ninguna queja anteriormente tuve el roland rd700gx y sus sonidos son parecidos pero el jp50 tiene muchos más y además con un nivel de profundidad mayor aparte de esto la opción de entrada de audio permite grabar cualquier cosa en esterio incluso si colocas una consola o multitrack puedes grabar una mezcla total con calidad de audio impecable en fórmate estereo waw que los dejara impresionado, ciertamente es un instrumento con una arquitectura un poco rara pero sus sonidos son insuperable incluso ya los he comparto con los sonidos del fantom-0 y debo decir que su sonido de piano acústico supernatural es mejor en el jp50 cómo condición para una excelente muestra de sus sonidos la recomendación es usarlo de manera stereos con 2 plugg 1/4 en L&R es decir usar las dos salidas ciertamente la ausencia del secuenciador midi en el jp50 es algo que a la mayoría le causa asombro pero tomen en cuenta que el jp50 y el jp80 son synth de escenario más inclinados a las muestras en vivo y no a las secuencias digamos que son más bien cercanos a los stage pianos con sonidos que ningún otro teclado podrá igualar yo diría que están muy muy parecidos al rd700gx y al tyros 4 y tyros 5