Silver Ends on the Keyboard

Forum for JUPITER-50
Synthtron

Re: Silver Ends on the Keyboard

Post by Synthtron »

If it means that much, maybe one could have aluminum sides made. Synth spa makes aluminum sides (I believe they call them end bells) for older Roland's like the original Jupiters, and even the Juno-60 and Juno-106. If it Could be worth a try to ask them. Personally the Jupiter-50 would have been nicer if it had the aluminum panels because it would be more of a nod to the Jupiter-8 / 6. At least the plastic sides are silver to keep the Jupiter-8 like color scheme. Any way the bottom is plastic too so really I guess it does not matter. Go Jupiter!
troggg

Post by troggg »

If anyone really wants to get picky the On/Off switch is kinda tiny and the the wall wart connector is not the most substantial I have ever seen but whatever pickiness or resistance anyone had to the JP-50 at its former price of $2,000 really should evaporate at its present clearance price point. I for one am in rejoice mode that I was able to pick one up.

I've responded to a few threads on Gearslutz where people attack the Jupiters for this 'n that but I'm not really looking for vigorous debate, I'm looking for 76 keys and lots of inspiring sounds and a nice looking object to have around the studio and the 50 is all that and more.

I'm sure someone could gold-plate the end caps but jeez just let it go already!
Synthtron

Post by Synthtron »

Jupiter-50 is on clearance already?
Vlad_77

Post by Vlad_77 »

troggg wrote:If anyone really wants to get picky the On/Off switch is kinda tiny and the the wall wart connector is not the most substantial I have ever seen but whatever pickiness or resistance anyone had to the JP-50 at its former price of $2,000 really should evaporate at its present clearance price point. I for one am in rejoice mode that I was able to pick one up.

I've responded to a few threads on Gearslutz where people attack the Jupiters for this 'n that but I'm not really looking for vigorous debate, I'm looking for 76 keys and lots of inspiring sounds and a nice looking object to have around the studio and the 50 is all that and more.

I'm sure someone could gold-plate the end caps but jeez just let it go already!
Troggg,

You know that a lot of people on gearslutz have no clue about what an actual debate is; they prefer argument and bitching. While they are arguing, YOU are making music! The latter is much preferable to the former, no? :)

Best,
Vlad