Disable Sustain Pedal?

Forum for JUPITER-50
2TIM316

Disable Sustain Pedal?

Post by 2TIM316 »

Hi guys. Long time no see. Anyway I'm interested in the J50. What I need to do, and can't find in the J80 owner's manual, is disable sustain pedal for a tone or a live set. This is because I need to play bass from the lower live set (with no sustain), while playing piano or similar from the upper live set (with sustain). Can this be done?

Also, unrelated, Although the J50 offers only solo, upper live set, and percussion, isn't it possible to switch the percussion to a lower live set? That's what I need. Thanks!
scottrod

Re: Disable Sustain Pedal?

Post by scottrod »

2TIM316 wrote:What I need to do, and can't find in the J80 owner's manual, is disable sustain pedal for a tone or a live set. This is because I need to play bass from the lower live set (with no sustain), while playing piano or similar from the upper live set (with sustain). Can this be done?
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

2TIM316 wrote:Although the J50 offers only solo, upper live set, and percussion, isn't it possible to switch the percussion to a lower live set? That's what I need. Thanks!
My understanding is that you can switch it to a lower tone of your choice, but not a live set (i.e. you can assign it a single tone, not a stacked combination of up to 4 tones, which is what a live set is).
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

anotherscott wrote:
2TIM316 wrote:Although the J50 offers only solo, upper live set, and percussion, isn't it possible to switch the percussion to a lower live set? That's what I need. Thanks!
My understanding is that you can switch it to a lower tone of your choice, but not a live set (i.e. you can assign it a single tone, not a stacked combination of up to 4 tones, which is what a live set is).
Correct!
jzealmedia

Post by jzealmedia »

Hey 2TIM316, if you have not got the correct reply, here it is: you can actually disable the hold (sustain) pedal for your chosen tone or part in any mode: either normal mode or in live set mode. To disable sustain for the lower part, follow these simple steps:

[*] From the the main screen, Hold down the "Shift" key and press F2 to enter edit the lower/perc part.

[*] Hold down the "Shift" key again and press F6 to edit control settings, you should now see the Solo, Upper and Lower categorized under [SWITCH} column. You will also notice Bend, Mod, S1, S2, HOLD and so on on the same row as [SWITCH].

[*] Now, use the cursor (left/right) through the row to navigate to the "HOLD" column and then, use the cursor (up/down) to highlight the hold on/off for the lower part.

[*] When the "Hold" box is selected (highlighted) for the lower part (that is, the box under the "HOLD" column is selected on the same row as of the Lower); then turn the value dial anticlockwise to disable the sustain for the lower part.

I believe this description is straightforward and you can now play your bass without the sustain. Play around all the settings there and get familiar with what you might need in the future.