Software Version 1.10

Forum for JUPITER-50
Bruceg

Software Version 1.10

Post by Bruceg »

Has anyone installed 1.10 software? Mine's currently at 1.02 and I'm wondering what the differences are and if there are more versions in between (the number 1.10 would suggest there are 1.03, 1.04 etc.) The only thing Roland mention for 1.10 is the WiFi capability which I'm not that interested in at this time but I would like the software to be up to date apart from that. I can't see any in between versions on Roland's support site either.
RoyR

Re: Software Version 1.10

Post by RoyR »

I bought my J-50 last November and immediately did the upgrade to v 1.10. I think the upgrade was released in August 2012. I wasn't tracking upgrades before November since I didn't own the J-50 yet, so I'm not sure about earlier upgrades. Roland deletes outdated software versions when new upgrades are issued, as I observed with my Juno Gi. So finding only v 1.10 on the Roland website doesn't surprise me.

Perhaps worth noting... I did a factory reset after my v 1.10 upgrade, and the reset moved my system back to an earlier software version (don't recall the version number). Perhaps more recent units ship with v 1.10 so a reset won't pose this problem.

The update to v 1.10 went fine with no glitches. BTW, my factory reset was not required to fix any problems with the upgrade, but rather to give me a clean start by removing several early errors I made with the keyboard.

Roy
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Bruceg wrote:Has anyone installed 1.10 software? Mine's currently at 1.02 and I'm wondering what the differences are and if there are more versions in between (the number 1.10 would suggest there are 1.03, 1.04 etc.) The only thing Roland mention for 1.10 is the WiFi capability which I'm not that interested in at this time but I would like the software to be up to date apart from that. I can't see any in between versions on Roland's support site either.
Version 1.10 only adds Wireless support!

Quote...
● ●
Version history
[ Ver.1.10 ]
[Additional function]
Available for Roland Wireless Connect ( WNA1100-RL ).
Please refer to the "About the Wireless LAN Function (JUPITER-
50_l_wireless_e01_W.pdf)" for detailed information.
Unquote...
therealvicz

Post by therealvicz »

Yes I installed the v1.1 to support the wifi dongle. This works fine, nothing else seemed to have changed. The intermediate point versions, if they ever existed never appeared on Roland's site.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

therealvicz wrote:Yes I installed the v1.1 to support the wifi dongle. This works fine, nothing else seemed to have changed. The intermediate point versions, if they ever existed never appeared on Roland's site.
Correct, no intermediate versions.

This is normal when the new version implements a major feature or is considered as a landmark.
That must me why they passed from 1.02 to 1.10, the addition of Wireless support