JP50 organs

Forum for JUPITER-50
musicman100

Re: JP50 organs

Post by musicman100 »

I just received my J50 and had one day to program it for a gig last night.

I use bread and butter sounds and not a lot of synth patches, so I was going to be stressing the limits of the J50for those,

The gig went fine, I use Organ, AP, EP, Horns strings, clav etc

Let me comment on the organ tones, which is the topic of this post.The 50 has two sets of electronic organs, the TW Organ Modeling, and the PCM Organ sounds.The strength of this board is the Modeling organ.

Out of the Box, its lacking, especially the rotary fx, you have to dig in and tweak,

First of all the TW organ is accessible from the MODIFY screen to get to the drawbars and the percussion. I am waiting on an Ocean Beach Drawbar unit to beta test it with my 50 so I will be putting it trough the paces to control the drawbars in real time.

Second, the Rotary and VK Rotary FX need big time tweaking with the speeds, separation, levels, etc, Once that is done it becomes usable.I have also started attempting to program a C/V with the tremolo/chorus FX.

Is it as convincing as a Nord or SK1? NO! BUT a damn sight better than the MOX series "organs"
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

musicman100 wrote:I just received my J50 and had one day to program it for a gig last night.

I use bread and butter sounds and not a lot of synth patches, so I was going to be stressing the limits of the J50for those,

The gig went fine, I use Organ, AP, EP, Horns strings, clav etc

Let me comment on the organ tones, which is the topic of this post.The 50 has two sets of electronic organs, the TW Organ Modeling, and the PCM Organ sounds.The strength of this board is the Modeling organ.

Out of the Box, its lacking, especially the rotary fx, you have to dig in and tweak,

First of all the TW organ is accessible from the MODIFY screen to get to the drawbars and the percussion. I am waiting on an Ocean Beach Drawbar unit to beta test it with my 50 so I will be putting it trough the paces to control the drawbars in real time.

Second, the Rotary and VK Rotary FX need big time tweaking with the speeds, separation, levels, etc, Once that is done it becomes usable.I have also started attempting to program a C/V with the tremolo/chorus FX.

Is it as convincing as a Nord or SK1? NO! BUT a damn sight better than the MOX series "organs"

Totally agree !!

The TW-Organs on the Integra are very good models of the real thing, but the MFX needs to be tweaked all right and the lack of the drawbars doesn't help...

Tell me how the Ocean Beach Drawbar goes with your JP-50
musicman100

Post by musicman100 »

so far so good on the Ocean Beach.

One thing disturbing I find with the TW Organ.

I cannot seem to filter out the hold pedal and pitch bend, no matter what I set the layer one midi filters to .

It only occurs with the TW model , any other sound in any other layer can be filtered.
chynablue

Post by chynablue »

Just wanted to thank you for this thread. I picked up a Jupiter 50 this week and the lack of decent organ sounds really depressed me! But as you say, when you consider the positives and that the Jupiter was never intended to have great organs, there is a lot of good here.