I'm excited to find USB/MIDI on JP50 does AUDIO!

Forum for JUPITER-50
flyingace

I'm excited to find USB/MIDI on JP50 does AUDIO!

Post by flyingace »

This really uncomplicates things! I can use my Macbook Air and the newest GarageBand (I also own Logic Pro 9 but it's waaay more complicated) to supply not only drums, but I can write midi patterns to save as arpeggios and also record or use as backing track playback! Also, I know the area on top of unit is made for iPad but my 11" macbook air fits PERFECT! This makes me feel even better about choosing the JP50 over the Juno Stage.
PauloF

Re: I'm excited to find USB/MIDI on JP50 does AUDIO!

Post by PauloF »

flyingace wrote:This really uncomplicates things! I can use my Macbook Air and the newest GarageBand (I also own Logic Pro 9 but it's waaay more complicated) to supply not only drums, but I can write midi patterns to save as arpeggios and also record or use as backing track playback! Also, I know the area on top of unit is made for iPad but my 11" macbook air fits PERFECT! This makes me feel even better about choosing the JP50 over the Juno Stage.
:-) good stuff flyingace!!!
flyingace

Re: I'm excited to find USB/MIDI on JP50 does AUDIO!

Post by flyingace »

I tried it out tonight, worked like a champ! I always have my macbook air on me, home and work, etc. This will help me to actually get some things worked on while away from the keyboard or other instruments. I never thought about working this way, i've always been tied to the home studio.

At first I thought that we (keyboardists) might be getting the shaft from the manufacturers taking more and more functions away from newer, non-workstation boards, but now I see they have really opened up the door to use whatever device you might want to produce what ever you need, plus the added benefit of traveling light and saving backing files to a usb drive as well. Pretty sweet!