Juniper 50 Volume pedal madness

Forum for JUPITER-50
giggidy

Juniper 50 Volume pedal madness

Post by giggidy »

Hello,

I have a Juniper 50 with a controller pedal connected that is assigned to control volume. It does control volume, but it's not the same control as the volume knob, and I wish it was. If you edit a registration, you can see the volume settings for the Lower/Perc, the Upper, and the Solo parts. If you have the volumes set individually for the 3 parts to balance them against each other, those numbers are wiped out by any adjustment of the volume pedal, and suddenly all 3 are set at exactly the same level, and are adjusted at the exact same level whenever the volume pedal is moved.

For example, I have a registration for a horn section that has a sax on the Lower, a mix of horns on the upper, and a trumpet on the solo parts. I have volumes set individually for each to balance them out, because the lower was too loud and the solo needed to be louder.

When using the volume pedal, all 3 of these volumes are reset to the same value and change exactly the same.

This seems like a design glitch. My feeling is that the volume pedal should adjust OVERALL volume, thereby keeping the same balance between my parts. Anyone else run into this or know how to get around this? I tried assigning the pedal to expression instead, but doing that affects the sound (in the same way velocity does) so that is not a viable option, because the horns sound best when they are full velocity.
brvn

Re: Juniper 50 Volume pedal madness

Post by brvn »

Hi Giggidy,

I use a generic organ expression pedal connected to CTRL1; I cannot reproduce the bug you have described. Everything seems to be working as desired, that is, operating the expression pedal maintains the relative volume established by the sliders in the PART BALANCE controller section. (The organ pedal I use has no markings upon it, so I do not know the manufacturer.)

Brvn