Anyone have the Roland Gig Bag?

Forum for JUPITER-50
troggg

Anyone have the Roland Gig Bag?

Post by troggg »

Anyone have one? Is it worth the money? What else should I consider for a medium amount of protection?

Right now I'm not gigging or flying it so I don't need an ATA case. I also don't want something that weighs 20 lbs. But I do move around a bit.

The official Roland gig bag would have the advantage of fitting the JP50 perfectly without it wobbling around ... and would seem to cost twice as much as non-official Roland gig bags that look like they offer roughly the same amount of protection.

Is there much advantage to a semi-rigid case?

Anyone got any insight here? Thanks.
JD Kross

Re: Anyone have the Roland Gig Bag?

Post by JD Kross »

I bought the Roland gig bag because of it's almost perfect fit size. I tried other brands, but since they're wider, feels awkward to carry as the keybaord tends to slide a bit inside.

I use it both for my Juno Stage and JP50 so I say it's a cheap option for me. I never bring both keyboards to gig at the same time.
troggg

Post by troggg »

Thanks for you testimony!
troggg

Post by troggg »

The Roland bag arrived yesterday and it's nice enough. I'm happy. The only other bag which looks like it provides even more protection for the same money, the Levy's CMK03, also has, get this -- four handles -- as it's evidently made to house really heavy keyboards. And provide for four "pallbearers." Although none of the four handles is in the middle position! So that was just a little too out there.