JP Synth Editor questions

Forum for JUPITER-50
sterling17

JP Synth Editor questions

Post by sterling17 »

I just downloaded the JP synth app into my iPad and have successfully connected the Jupiter 50 the editor. What I can accomplish so far is select a live set on the Jupiter and read it into the editor. I can see how to turn on and off the layers in the live set and the partials in each layer.
However, I don't seem to know how I can actually change the tones in the layers from the app itself. Is there a way to do this? Is there a manual that accompanies this editor app? I've looked in the Roland Knowledge Base and cannot find one. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mark
sterling17

Re: JP Synth Editor questions

Post by sterling17 »

One more question - I watched a tutorial on Youtube of the editor and noticed there was the Upper section and the Lower section on the app screen. My screen only shows the Upper layer. When I chose a Registration that had the Lower and Upper buttons highlighted on the keyboard, I still only got the Upper section showing on the editor screen. Is this due to my having a 50 and not an 80?
Mahobe

Post by Mahobe »

To your second question: the answer is yes; that tutorial is for the 80, which has a lower part identical to the upper part: each of them with four tones. This is not the case in the 50, whose lower part has only one non changeable tone.
therealvicz

Post by therealvicz »

If you touch the 'cogs' button on the top right corner of the app you can select 'manual' from the drop-down menu that appears which should answer your questions.
sterling17

Post by sterling17 »

Thank you!
lagourde

Post by lagourde »

JP Synth Editor Owner’s Manual
Attachments
man_en.pdf
JP Synth Editor Owner’s Manual
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 429 times
sterling17

Post by sterling17 »

lagourde wrote:JP Synth Editor Owner’s Manual
Thank you
This question was already answered above
Modal

Post by Modal »

Does anyone have a download link for the JP Synth Editor for my Jupiter 80? Tried all over but it’s discontinued.
Juppie

Post by Juppie »

Does anyone have a download link for the JP Synth Editor for my Jupiter 80 or jupiter 50?
Tried all over but it’s discontinued and i cant find the link anywhere.
Or can anyone mail me the file? i can pm you my e-mail.
Thanks