READ ERROR: HELP!!!!

Forum for JUPITER-50
sterling17

READ ERROR: HELP!!!!

Post by sterling17 »

Lsat night I started auditioning the Axial files. As I done many times, I mounted my Roland formatted USB stick and did a backup. I then saved the backup in a folder on my Macbook Pro, naming it as yesterday's date. After loading a few of the files, I wanted to download my saved file to restore the Jupiter to what I was programming. When I attempt to Restore my Jupiter, I'm getting a READ ERROR message. I don't have a clue what I did. Can anyone talk me through this? I even tried to restore it to a file I saved last week and am still getting the same READ ERROR message. I have at least 36 customized Registrations and a gig Saturday night!!!!
kimsnarf

Re: READ ERROR: HELP!!!!

Post by kimsnarf »

sterling17 wrote:Lsat night I started auditioning the Axial files. As I done many times, I mounted my Roland formatted USB stick and did a backup. I then saved the backup in a folder on my Macbook Pro, naming it as yesterday's date. After loading a few of the files, I wanted to download my saved file to restore the Jupiter to what I was programming. When I attempt to Restore my Jupiter, I'm getting a READ ERROR message. I don't have a clue what I did. Can anyone talk me through this? I even tried to restore it to a file I saved last week and am still getting the same READ ERROR message. I have at least 36 customized Registrations and a gig Saturday night!!!!
You could try opening the SVD file in the Jupiter-80 tool for Mac I posted in the Jupiter-80 forum. It also reads Jupiter-50 files. If the file opens it is not corrupt. The Jupiters are very picky on folder naming and structure.

Instead of restoring a backup you can import the registrations from the backup, since the SVD format is the same. You will lose settings, custom arpeggiator pattern and such, if these are not already on the Jupiter.
sterling17

Re: READ ERROR: HELP!!!!

Post by sterling17 »

Thanks for the tip on your app. I discovered that I couldn't rename the file, so I changed the file name back to Roland and now it works. I'm really surprised at how archaic the whole file system is on the Jupiter.
Mark