Audio Routing

Forum for Integra 7
DEVO-UK

Audio Routing

Post by DEVO-UK »

Sadly, none of the bass patches are as good as one I've found in Logic (for what I need).

So now I have to find a way to route to one of the separate outputs or it has to stay with my drums in the main outputs.

There is something in the manual, but I think that refers to motion surround.

Can I route the audio to a separate output?
Monkey Man

Re: Audio Routing

Post by Monkey Man »

Of course, Devo!

It works just like any other multi-output, multitimbral module, although you can't route individual drum parts (notes/pads/sounds) to single outputs; one must use multiple instances of kits along with hard-left or right panning to achieve this.

Haven't used the unit in a while 'cause I only set it up and tested it; everything's on hold 'till I've finished my long quest to buy the gear I need on a pathetic budget (a 27 year journey, I kid you not). I therefore can't remember how this is done exactly, but a poke around the part or patch edit parameters from the front panel should expose the routing magic within the beast. It should be a no-brainer, as the OS is logically laid out according, more or less, to long-established Roland standards.

I'm surprised you couldn't find the bass sound you were after. Did you try to edit your way there or were you simply auditioning presets?

Nicky
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Hi Nicky

I did have one I liked, but I'm two days off traveling to Gothenburg to perform two live Depeche Mode cover sets to a fan club convention and found a better one in Logic.

Audio goes straight to the main outputs, so it would be great if I could send it to one of the sep outs.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

DEVO-UK wrote:I did have one I liked
Yay!
DEVO-UK wrote:... found a better one in Logic.
Doh!
DEVO-UK wrote:Audio goes straight to the main outputs, so it would be great if I could send it to one of the sep outs.
I'm 100% sure you can, Devo.

Good luck with the gig, man.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

DEVO-UK wrote:Hi Nicky

I did have one I liked, but I'm two days off traveling to Gothenburg to perform two live Depeche Mode cover sets to a fan club convention and found a better one in Logic.

Audio goes straight to the main outputs, so it would be great if I could send it to one of the sep outs.
Hi DEVO-UK, I'm sorry man, but you CAN'T route the Logic Bass to one of sep Outputs of the INTEGRA as the USB Audio goes straight to the Main Outs, but...here is another possibility...strange one, but it works.
In case all other Parts are generated by the Integra, route them to the other 3,4,5,6,7,8 (MONO) or B (3/4), C (5/6), D (7/8) STEREO OUTS and let the Logic Bass to run on the Main outs. ;-)

I'm sure with patience you can find one Bass sound that suits you on the integra dozens of AC, Electric and Synth bass sounds...but in case you don't find one you have an alternative

And have a nice gig!

Depeche Mode Rocks
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Aaahhh... Universally Stupid Bumpkin. That'd be me [enters from stage left, bows, receives rotten tomatoes and exits].

Sorry to waste your time, Devo. Thought you was running' the beastie Old Skool-Style.