USB Midi + Midi In Merge

Forum for Integra 7
rolyam

USB Midi + Midi In Merge

Post by rolyam »

Hello,
my Integra does not respond on CC11 (Expression) from PC (USB Midi In) when I play on PRC800 controller.
My setup: PCR800 - Integra Midi In, PC-Cakewalk - Integra USB Midi In
Should I set something special for merging Midi In + USB Midi In?
Other control changes work fine ...
PauloF

Re: USB Midi + Midi In Merge

Post by PauloF »

rolyam wrote:Hello,
my Integra does not respond on CC11 (Expression) from PC (USB Midi In) when I play on PRC800 controller.
My setup: PCR800 - Integra Midi In, PC-Cakewalk - Integra USB Midi In
Should I set something special for merging Midi In + USB Midi In?
Other control changes work fine ...
Have you tried with USB MIDI thru = ON on the integra while you are using the DAW as an integral part of your setup?

Have you tried to use the Expression pedal with the PCR800 alone with the integra ( not connected to the PC)?

Give me a clue
rolyam

Post by rolyam »

Yes, I tried USB Midi Thru = ON ... it works fine.
But, I´d like to use PCR800 and PC together ... playing PCR800 live and backing tracks (audio + midi) from PC. I´d like to use "midi automation" for some controllers (CC11 - for Fade out) on channels of PCR800.
There is a problem to use USB Midi Thru, when I play thru two channels on PCR800 (split).
Is it possible to merge USB Midi In + Midi In?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rolyam wrote:Yes, I tried USB Midi Thru = ON ... it works fine.
But, I´d like to use PCR800 and PC together ... playing PCR800 live and backing tracks (audio + midi) from PC. I´d like to use "midi automation" for some controllers (CC11 - for Fade out) on channels of PCR800.
There is a problem to use USB Midi Thru, when I play thru two channels on PCR800 (split).
Is it possible to merge USB Midi In + Midi In?
In order to do that you should configure the PCR as follows:

1- SYS08 (MIDI I/F)=ON
Meaning The PCR will work as a MIDI Interface. MIDI messages from the PC will be passed to the i-7 connected to the PCR 5-Pin MIDI OUT connector. MIDI messages from the device connected to the PCR's MIDI IN connector will be passed to the PC

2- SYS09 (MIDI Merge Destination)= PORT1
Messages from the PCR MIDI IN interface will be MERGED with PCR's PORT1

This way, all routing must be done on the SONAR

Just tested with SONAR X1, the Integra, a PCR-500 and a A-800 PRO and all worked perfectly
rolyam

Post by rolyam »

Thank you for reply. Yes, I understand this setup Cakewalk/Sonar -USB- PCR -Midi DIN- Integra ... it´s OK for midi data.
Please, could you check now this setup:
1. PC (Sonar/Cakewalk) to Integra (with USB) ... I need this connection for audio tracks (Integra works like audio converter thru external channel 17) + midi control from Sonar/Cakewalk (Program Change and Control Change on channels 1-4)
2. PCR to Integra (PCR Midi Out - Interga Midi In)
I ´d like to play PCR on channels 1-4 (connected to Integra with Midi DIN) using "midi automation" from Sonar/Cakewalk (connected to Integra with USB due to audio data).
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rolyam wrote:Thank you for reply. Yes, I understand this setup Cakewalk/Sonar -USB- PCR -Midi DIN- Integra ... it´s OK for midi data.
Please, could you check now this setup:
1. PC (Sonar/Cakewalk) to Integra (with USB) ... I need this connection for audio tracks (Integra works like audio converter thru external channel 17) + midi control from Sonar/Cakewalk (Program Change and Control Change on channels 1-4)
2. PCR to Integra (PCR Midi Out - Interga Midi In)
I ´d like to play PCR on channels 1-4 (connected to Integra with Midi DIN) using "midi automation" from Sonar/Cakewalk (connected to Integra with USB due to audio data).

I thought you were talking about MIDI... but it seems that you are talking about MIDI and Audio...

If I'm getting it correctly, this is all you need to do:
PCR (MIDI OUT) -----> (5 PIN MIDI IN) INTEGRA/USB -------> (MIDI and AUDIO) PC-Cakewalk
PCR (USB)--------------------------------------------------------->(USB MIDI)

- Sonar should be configured to have the Integra as its AUDIO Interface, and PCR as MIDI INPUTs and INTEGRA as MIDI Output (at least).

- Integra's System Setup should be configured as follows:
External part Source Select= USB AUDIO
USB Drive= VENDER (MIDI+AUDIO)

This should be enough for what you want to do. Unless I missed it completely... ;-)
rolyam

Post by rolyam »

Yes, this is my setup ... problem:
- I have CC11-Expression massages programmed on Track 01 (Channel 01) ... comming to my Integra from PC-Cakewalk (via USB)
- I play PCR800 on Track 01 (Channel 01) ... connected to Integra with MIDI in
... but, my Integra does not respond on CC11-Expression received from PC. I´d like to use CC11 for fade-in/fade-out/other effects for notes from PCR800 on Track/Channel 01. Progam changes (CC0,CC32), CC07, CC10 recived from PC on Track/Channel 01 works fine.
rolyam

Post by rolyam »

My setup:
Integra.png
Integra.png (226.62 KiB) Viewed 929 times
Expression (CC11) from USB (Channel 01,02) does not affect notes from PCR (Channel 01,02). Other CC (07,10, 00, 32, ...) works fine ...