Control Change settings

Forum for Integra 7
pmarnini

Control Change settings

Post by pmarnini »

Dear Integra friends, i am new to this forum although I have been reading it a lot in 'silent mode' ... Now time has come for me to ask a question.

The controller I am using doesnt allow me to configure the CC setting of a specific button (which transmits CC 86) i would like to use to switch to muted tone or to harmonics a guitar tone for instance

i would like to know if the Integra can "translate" the incoming CC 86 into another CC message to its sound engine (for instance CC81 or CC80)

Anyone can help me with this (before I buy a new controller ....). Thanks a lot
Midi Neuron

Re: Control Change settings

Post by Midi Neuron »

It looks like the CC numbers are not changeable for super natural acoustic tones. The closest thing I've seen to this is pcms tones using matrix cc's and those might not be assignable either. I'm fortunate to have assignable controllers on my kurz pc3x, so I haven't had to reassign cc's on my Integra-7.

MN out.
pmarnini

Post by pmarnini »

Thanks Midi Neuron.

I recently learnt I don't have that flexibility with my motif Xf, i wonder why Yamaha calls them AF (Assignable Function) buttons...
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

You could add a MIDI event processor to your controller. For example:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

You would have to weigh the costs and benefits versus buying a better controller.