Recommendations for keyboard controller programming?

Forum for Integra 7
rr2011

Recommendations for keyboard controller programming?

Post by rr2011 »

I'm still getting familiar with my new Integra 7 -
And have quite a bit to learn!!

I really want to make to most of the capabilities, and it seems like controller programming is going to be key to uncovering some of the "hidden" features. So, with this in mind -

Does anyone have any recommendations for some programmable keyboard controller settings that would be useful for the Integra? My controller is a Novation Impulse 49 (9 programmable faders and buttons, 8 programmable encoders), so I should have plenty of programmable options to work with - just not sure where to start!

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!!

RR
LA Keys

Re: Recommendations for keyboard controller programming?

Post by LA Keys »

Well, the "problem" with most Roland keyboards is that they use sysex for a lot of parameters. Sysex is a pain and many midi controllers don't even allow to pass sysex. I know (and own) one that does that, but only with the (free) third party software, the Beringer BCR2000 or BCF2000. Yeah, is is ugly, it is behringer, but it does a few nice thing...

What I would suggest is to first grab midi-ox (free). This will allow you to see exactly what is happening when you change something on the integra. You will then be able to find out what need to be sent to the Integra-7. It will also help you to learn a bit more about midi.

LA
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

Appreciate the feedback, but I actually have a pretty good understanding of MIDI in general-
I have used MIDI-OX quite a bit for various projects over the years, and it is definitely a useful tool!

What I'm actually looking for are some programming recommendations specific to Integra -
which Integra-specific CC commands that others have found are good to assign to a keyboard controller's programmable faders, encoders, and switches to be used during a performance.

I know the "Inside the Integra-7" pamphlet that comes with the Integra mentions a few CC commands to access some of the "hidden" performance parameters, but I was hoping someone really experienced with the Integra might offer up a bit more insight, and perhaps a more thorough list of performance-oriented commands.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

The Parameter Guide has a list of all of the CC commands.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

JunoJohn wrote:The Parameter Guide has a list of all of the CC commands.
I believe that's not what he wants to know...

He want to know if anyone have sorta "tricks of the trade" about using CC/Midi with the Integra, to make it sound even more interesting or unique. You know something like "if you play a guitar patch modulate CCxx and this will make some interesting effect/sounds great"

Sorry rr2011 can't help you beyond that...

LA
bono

Post by bono »

i would like to know this as well..im considering purchasing the integra, but as OP stated i can't find a good answer to this issue as well anywhere, and as much as i like variety of 6000 sounds, id like the ability to hav global controllers setup so regardless of which patch or part I'm on i can quickly tailor a sounds envelop, filter, etc to fit musically/sonically more then the 2 knobs Roland offers on the A-49 controllers. iPad is a nifty idea and so is DAW based editors but in practice, its more mousing around, not real knobs and faders as i have on a Novation SL which id like to use.. please anyone experienced help ? :)

my major concern is if its even rudimentarily setup, how would a setup work with PCM, Super Analog, etc synthesis in integra, would different maps have to be done at a controller requiring a switch every time ?
SepticUnderground

Post by SepticUnderground »

I can upload A Roland template for the Novation SL.

ADR env
Filter cutoff /reso
FX 1 FX 2 send
Toneswitch 1-4
ToneVariation 1-4
Hold1 -2
Vibrato rate / depth /delay

All you need to quickly edit a patch

Those will edit the offset values for the Integra7 and work with all patches PCM/SN A/SN S etc
bono

Post by bono »

cool, thanks that would very much be appreciated :)
SepticUnderground

Post by SepticUnderground »

Zip added. Both for Remote Zero and for Remote SL
Attachments
Roland Novation.zip
Novation SL and Zero template Roand generic controllers
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 83 times