another usb question from a newbie

Forum for Integra 7
jdon

another usb question from a newbie

Post by jdon »

Hi, I'm just getting started with Reaper and I'm not able to record with the ASIO settings and the Integra set as the in and out. I am however able to record with AsioFree (and the microphone as input and not using the integra for either input or output), so I assume it must be something to do with asio and the integra soundcard

I believe that I have all the correct settings (using VENDER, have the soundcard set in preferences for the REAPER audio,etc) and I've read the other threads about this. thanks in advance!
PauloF

Re: another usb question from a newbie

Post by PauloF »

jdon wrote:Hi, I'm just getting started with Reaper and I'm not able to record with the ASIO settings and the Integra set as the in and out. I am however able to record with AsioFree (and the microphone as input and not using the integra for either input or output), so I assume it must be something to do with asio and the integra soundcard

I believe that I have all the correct settings (using VENDER, have the soundcard set in preferences for the REAPER audio,etc) and I've read the other threads about this. thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Clan, and congrats on your Integra-7!!

Regarding what you are up to, did you installed the Integra-7 drivers for your Operating System first? YOU MUST!!

Is the integra set as an AUDIO device for Reaper in Preferences, Audio, Device?
It must be shown integra-7 as both INPUTS (1/2) and OUTPUTS (1/2)

I hope this helps

Cheerrs,
PauloF
jdon

Post by jdon »

Thanks for the reply!
Yes I have installed the drivers, and i've set the integra-7 to be both input and output in preferences for Reaper using ASIO as the sound card(I don't think that would have been possible without installing the drivers). Also, I switched another audio setting in the integra-7 itself to use the USB for audio (in order to play it back). However it doesnt get as far as the playback stage anyway. I also have a second track in reaper which is attempting to record midi (also unsuccessful)
jdon

Post by jdon »

I'm getting somewhere but not there yet! It seems that the problem before was the laptop that I was using just wasn't up to par, I'm doing the exact same thing on another one and it works fine.

Now there is one last problem. I can record audio just fine, but midi signals aren't leaving the integra. But, I can switch midi-thru to on the integra (system/midi) and then I get midi from the integra to the pc/reaper but no audio (not through the USB or through the speaker cables, it goes silent). I guess that just makes the midi pass through the integra without interpreting it?

Is there any way to get a midi out of the integra at the same time as getting audio? thanks!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

jdon wrote:I'm getting somewhere but not there yet! It seems that the problem before was the laptop that I was using just wasn't up to par, I'm doing the exact same thing on another one and it works fine.

Now there is one last problem. I can record audio just fine, but midi signals aren't leaving the integra. But, I can switch midi-thru to on the integra (system/midi) and then I get midi from the integra to the pc/reaper but no audio (not through the USB or through the speaker cables, it goes silent). I guess that just makes the midi pass through the integra without interpreting it?

Is there any way to get a midi out of the integra at the same time as getting audio? thanks!
Sure there is

Set the iO of the MIDI channel you wanna play to INTEGRA (provided it is configured on MIDI devices and ENABLED as Input)

Set the MIDI channels to send to depending on what you want to do. Normally these are set to the same channels as the originating MIDI

Hope this helps
jdon

Post by jdon »

I'm sorry I guess I just don't understand specifically what I'm supposed to do

The way I have it set is
In reaper
1) an audio input track from the integra to stereo (integra-7 is enabled in preferences but not ctrl for both input and output for audio)
2) a midi input track from the integra-7 from all channels (midi is also enabled in preferences for the integra-7)

the midi track has a midi output to the integra-7 (same channels as were sent)

now, if I set the integra itself (not reaper) to midi-thru, then I can record a midi track on the integra, but with no audio
If I set the integra midi-thru to false, I don't get any audio.
On the integra, I've got it set to vender as well