Hard Sync Synth Patches?

Forum for Integra 7
monosock

Hard Sync Synth Patches?

Post by monosock »

Hi there

I've been using quite a lot of the synth programing capabilities on the I7 loving the wave shape and ring capabilities as well as the OSC saturation algorithms on the PCM synths, however, one of the things I have not been able to create yet is Hard synced sounds? as In, have a master OSC and a Sync Osc that I could modulate its pitch at will either with an LFO or CC. I know there's some PCM Sync waves but they have a printed out Sync modulation so this doesn't really do it for me.

Has anyone found a way of programming anything like it here?
Monkey Man

Re: Hard Sync Synth Patches?

Post by Monkey Man »

Bugger. I didn't even know about this limitation, if indeed it's there, monosock!

Hard sync has always been one of my fave synth processes. Haven't used the I-7 at all really; just set it up and it's waiting for future use and possibly a twin sibling, so I've not had a chance to explore the SNS engine's capabilities.

If this is true, it's bad news for this lil' monkey. Thank you for bringing it up, monosock.
Integrated

Post by Integrated »

It's abolutely possible to make or emulate sync sounds. I attached a K-Take editor file.The file has a .txt ending and you need to rename it to .i7s Check out the first basic sound.

The important settings are:

- OSC has a BPF with high resonance and Cutoff Key Follow 100
- Mix Table is set to a Booster Type

To further enhance the sound you want to modulate the filter with an envelope or LFO and so on.
Integra Hard Sync.txt
(253.58 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

OK, so that's a "simulation" using a key-following resonance peak, and thank you for that, Integrated; I reckon some will be very happy with that.

You said it's "abolutely possible to make or emulate" hard sync. You've covered "emulate", but what about "make"?

I know. It's terrible that I've not had a chance to explore the SN engine yet, but when I eventually do, I'll be all over that sucka! LOL
Integrated

Post by Integrated »

There is no hard sync so all you can do is emulating. The key following resonance peak alone is not enough. It needs to modulate the 2nd oscilattor via the booster. Also I was talking about the pcm engine. I highly, highly recommend reading the fantom tweakbook. The pcm engine is much depper than generally understood.
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

Thank you for confirming that there's no hard sync, Integrated. What a bummer, man.

I'd hoped that seeing as my JD-990, which is obviously also PCM-based and Roland, had it, that the INTEGRA would too. Oh well.
monosock

Post by monosock »

I'm still to join this party! what is this K take thing? this is not the normal Librarian nor editor you get from the Roland site is it?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

monosock wrote:I'm still to join this party! what is this K take thing? this is not the normal Librarian nor editor you get from the Roland site is it?
No it's not Roland's. it is a stand-alone editor for Windows and OS X made by our forum fellow K_Take

It's awesome

Give it a try
monosock

Post by monosock »

I have it but couldn't get this file to open it, when I changed the extension to i7s and tried to open it got an error message saying that wasn't an Integra 7 file.
Integrated

Post by Integrated »

Did you try to open it with an older version of the editor ? I used 1.40.

It's a very basic patch anyway, so you can dial in everything yourself:

‣ Switch tones 1 and 2 on, and set them to saw waveforms.
‣ Set tone 1 filter to BPF, Cutoff to 80, Resonance to 80.
‣ set this filter's Cutoff Keyfollow to +100
‣ TVF: A = 0, D = 30, S = 0, R = 0 and set it's Depth to +3
‣ set tone Structure Type to 3 and adjust Booster gain to +18 dB
monosock

Post by monosock »

Integrated wrote:Did you try to open it with an older version of the editor ? I used 1.40.

It's a very basic patch anyway, so you can dial in everything yourself:

‣ Switch tones 1 and 2 on, and set them to saw waveforms.
‣ Set tone 1 filter to BPF, Cutoff to 80, Resonance to 80.
‣ set this filter's Cutoff Keyfollow to +100
‣ TVF: A = 0, D = 30, S = 0, R = 0 and set it's Depth to +3
‣ set tone Structure Type to 3 and adjust Booster gain to +18 dB

Thanks
Took me quite some time to get back to you about this. Clever way of getting around.. still, this is not strictly speaking a Hard Synced oscilator. :(