Creating Evolving Synths with Integra

Forum for Integra 7
memphis12

Creating Evolving Synths with Integra

Post by memphis12 »

Hi, I'm new to designing my own sounds and I was wondering if it was possible and if so what parameters are most important to creating a evolving type synth with Integra? Those pads/saw sounds where you hear the envelopes and filters and everything else evolving. I have a Juno 6 and a Moog that makes it very simple for me to do it but I can't seem to find a way with the integra to do it. Is it possible? I have both the official Roland integra editor plugin and the unofficial editor created by a user on this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
jerry_merry

Re: Creating Evolving Synths with Integra

Post by jerry_merry »

I’ve just started to do the same. Using the Roland editor and supernatural synth mode. While the Integra 7 does not have a plethora of Lfo’s. You can have different lfo settings for modulation and normal playing. Using the 3 oscillators I try and set slow lfo’s at slightly varied rates and pan for each oscillator. Then when applying modulation introduce different lfo rates/shapes/pan. This does allow for slowly transforming moving sounds.
Then add remove some filter amount for each oscillator to suit your taste.
knobacon

Post by knobacon »

Check out the SN Synth Engine's "Misc" page. The envelopes can loop and have a "Sync Note" setting. Looping envelopes can go a long ways toward keeping things interesting over time.
memphis12

Post by memphis12 »

Will try it out now. Thanks guys!