Not Hearing Sounds when changing Parts

Forum for Integra 7
db9091

Not Hearing Sounds when changing Parts

Post by db9091 »

Hi,

Been toying with the Integra for about a week.
I restored some Sweetwater backup w/o saving one and now can't hear any other parts than Number 1

So if I switch to Part 2 through 16: nada
If I stay on 1, I hear any tone/patch/preset whatever they call it this module, from any Supernatural/PCM or Tone Finder.

So what setting am I missing to actually HEAR other "parts"?

Many thanks!
-Db
keys1960

Re: Not Hearing Sounds when changing Parts

Post by keys1960 »

Hi.. If you don't mind sharing, what did you pay from Sweetwater? I'm thinking of picking one up.
Thanks.
db9091

Post by db9091 »

Full price. Partially on account that they never have given me a deal in $,$$$s of purchases. But this purchase was on a card with 0% financing. So stores won't offer discounts since they're footing the interest payments.

I've only gotten deals at other stores, Guitar Center, B&H, etc. It's best to email them, or call, and get quotes from at least 5 dealers. You WILL be surprised at the differences.

If you find 2 are close at the low end, ask them to throw in something for free, too. Like a MIDI cord. They pay pennies on the dollar for lots of gear. Cheaper to give you free accessories than to come off the price. Ie, probably pay $4 for a $30 cord. Or ask for AKG K240 headphones. Make them earn if IF you aren't financing it through them!

I've done this for most all purchases and gotten deals and/or gear since buying my first Yamaha Clavinova in 1989. We can always use a few extra cables!
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

db9091 wrote:Hi,

Been toying with the Integra for about a week.
I restored some Sweetwater backup w/o saving one and now can't hear any other parts than Number 1

So if I switch to Part 2 through 16: nada
If I stay on 1, I hear any tone/patch/preset whatever they call it this module, from any Supernatural/PCM or Tone Finder.

So what setting am I missing to actually HEAR other "parts"?

Many thanks!
-Db
Hi db9091

It's about the MIDI channels set for each part of a studio set. Press "Part View" and go to the "Level/CH" tab. The last column "CH" shows the MIDI receive channel for each part. Probably you're using a studio set that's supposed to work with a multitimbral sequencer (parts 1-16 respond to ch 1-16). If you change the MIDI send channel of your keyboard step by step from 1 to 16, you should hear the other parts one by one.

Kind regards, Hobbit
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

I'm having this same problem. Only plays Part 1 of any Studio Set. I thought it was working earlier as I was learning how to create my own set but perhaps not. In the existing Studio Sets, it only plays Part 1 of each. I've checked the levels of each part etc. If I change Part 2 from "Channel 2" to "Channel 1" it plays at the same time as Part 1. I looked on my keyboard re: MIDI channels but not sure if I'm supposed to change something on that end.

Basically I need a way to group together a bunch of Tones so that on stage they can be easily selected. I thought this is what Studio Sets would accomplish.
lol

Post by lol »

Kristen and the kind, the problem is multiple, 1) you lack the minimal required knowledge about MIDI to achieve what you're trying to (which is really simple), 2) you don't read the manual and docs, 3) you don't read the kind replies helping you on the forum.

The consequence is that you're stuck outside of the party. But your unit is fine. Go figure..
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

You're right I don't know anything about MIDI. It's new to me, sorry.

I did read the manual and docs. I have searched the forums and fb groups. I read the thread above and tried to find out where to do this on my keyboard. I know that it's probably something simple that I'm missing which is why I thought I would approach the group rather than spend hours more going in circles.

Thanks so much for your support and your kind words. In the time it took you to script that gem, perhaps you could have pointed me in the right direction.

Sorry to waste everyone's time.
LA Keys

Post by LA Keys »

Ok, here is the (very) basics:

If you want to hear a part set to channel X on the Integra you need to send (from you midi controller/keyboard) on the SAME CHANNEL

There's (only) 2 ways to do this:

- Set the channel of the part(s) you want to hear on the Integra 7 to the same channel you're using on your keyboard/controller) (See Integra manual, page 30)
OR
- Set the channel on your keyboard/controller to the same channel of the part(s) you want to hear on the Integra. (See your keyboard/controller manual for that)

Now, you hopefully understand that you can change channel on both side but to keep things as simple as possible I'm going to assume that your controller is sending on channel 1 (only), which is the default. This currently allow you to hear ONLY part 1 on the Integra.

WHY??? Because ONLY part 1 on the Integra is set to channel 1 (by default)

Then, if you look at the integra manual you will see that Part 1 is using channel 1, Part 2 -> Ch 2, Part 3 -> Ch3 ... Part 16 -> Ch 16.

To hear Part 2 you then only need to set Part 2 to channel 1 same for any other parts. You will also find out that you will hear ALL the parts that are set to channel 1. But then you can also "mute" any part(s) you want to silence.

LA
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

LA Keys, thank you ever so much for your reply. That helps tremendously. I was so close - right to the end. But I wasn't muting the other sounds properly and I understand perfectly now.

Thank you again.
K