PCM Patch 0291 (St.Strings) fades out before key is released

Forum for Integra 7
dhsherbert

PCM Patch 0291 (St.Strings) fades out before key is released

Post by dhsherbert »

Is it possible to change the Release Time (sound continues until the key is released) for PCM 0291 (St.Strings)?
If so, where is the Parameter Change to do this?

Thank you,

Doug
harmonizer

Re: PCM Patch 0291 (St.Strings) fades out before key is rele

Post by harmonizer »

The discussion in this thread might help:
https://forums.rolandclan.com/viewtopic ... 60&t=56355

Since you are talking about a PCM patch on your Integra 7, the same capabilities would exist in the older XV series. When I responded in the other thread, I noticed that the Owners Manual for the XV-5050 seemed to have a better explanation of how to do this than in some of the manuals for newer Roland products such as the Fantom which had a similar architecture.

In order to change the TVA/TVF settings, you will first need to make a custom patch or tone. (I forget which term is correct on the Integra-7: the XV uses the term "patch", while the FA uses the term "tone"). You should start by making that custom patch or tone exactly match your PCM patch 0291 (and play it to verify it sounds identical). Then make the changes to the TVA/TVF settings in the custom patch/tone to make it so that it will not fade out as long as you hold the key down. The diagram referenced in the other thread, and its accompanying text there, will help you figure out how to do this on the Integra-7.