The New Roland Integra 7

Forum for Integra 7
BoricuaRoland

The New Roland Integra 7

Post by BoricuaRoland »

Yeap, its official. Say hello to the new sound module by Roland. All 12 srx and the supernatural engine of the Jupiter 80. Its like the FX+J80. Here's the leak:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fG0brAexd2M/U ... uipter.jpg

Ps: I do not work for Roland!
JunoJohn

Re: The New Roland Integra 7

Post by JunoJohn »

I am not sure that all of the SRX waveforms are included. Unverzichtbar means something like "indispensable" or "most essential," not "all."
howardS

Post by howardS »

Oh oh, here with go with the advertising-speak. They used wording like that with the G which made many users think all the SRX patches were supposed to be included in the G as well. Let's wait and see what actually makes its way to market.
BoricuaRoland

Post by BoricuaRoland »

http://www.google.com.pr/imgres?imgurl= ... w&dur=1253

http://www.google.com.pr/imgres?imgurl= ... CA&dur=775

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussi ... ack-coming

Yeap. All 12 SRX expansion boards inside. You can se the diagram on top of the module with the srx board pictures. So, it has ___ supernatural tone generator and a pcm tone generator. I see a usb port and audio inputs on the front and on the back, maybe it has some flash memory for samples? You can see on the upper right corner buttons the word "expansion" under Menu. Let's wait and see...
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

I'm confused. OK, that not real hard to do ;-)

Does the Integra-7 include all of the waveforms of the 12 SRX boards?

Or does it merely have the "must-have," "greatest hits," and "most essential" waveforms from each and all of the 12 SRX boards? In other words, are all of the boards represented, but not all of the waveforms?
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

its suppose to ALL 12 SRX cards
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Curiously enough ..
all though you have all 12 SRX boards installed you can only use 4 at anyone time since it uses 4 virtual slots also it seems if you want to use SuperNatural you also have to use up one of your 4 virtual slots
that accommodate the SRX range, and if thats not bad enough
"The Expansion Hi-Quality PCM Sounds uses all four virtual slots. "
and its only 128 poly :-(

I suppose they have to screw it up somehow as to not kill existing JP range
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

You are right on both counts. All SRX sounds are included. Only 4 cards can be loaded at a time.
pbk

Post by pbk »

Appalling. I would have sacrificed the 96k for 48k or even 44.1k for 256 voices. C'mon, the XV5080 is from 2000 and it had 128 voices too - more than a decade ago. And don't get me started with the limited 4 slots. 8 would have been much better, then at least with 2 units one would have had access to all 12 srx modules at the same time. Well, perhaps in 2022...
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... Carrot and stick... :-D

Anyways...
The video certainly makes it out to be an exciting product..
what will probably attract alot of people is the fact that each part has its own dedicated EQ and MFX
and the ipad interface make it look cool..

The price is probably going to be a killer
it should have come in at under the 1000 mark

Still not sure what the sound structure is going to be.
dark_knight_x3

Post by dark_knight_x3 »

I think it would be similar to fg sound structure. I kinda saw it in the video.. In the menus of the ipad software. I dont see single, live, studio buttons though. But in the ipad app, i saw "Studio". We'll see soon.

128 poly and loading 4 srx at a time is a bummer. Production costs issues i guess.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

I like this module. I think it will be very attractive to many people. I could replace my JV 1080 with it and get the Jupiter stuff too. Hanging out for the manual. I'm impressed with the A-88 as well. Shame the Fantom Is being left in the cold.
Jan_nl

Post by Jan_nl »

In spite of the limitations this module has a lot to offer, soundwise.

'The SRX Series and the Expansion SuperNATURAL Sounds use one virtual slot per title.'
I don't understand the reason for the 4 slot limitation.
Surely it would be a better idea to put all the data of the sounds jointly into ROM and allow the user to select a sound from this ROM?
The SRX series is PCM based, so it would not be too hard to lump the cards together in one ROM.
The chosen structure baffles me. Why?

Well, this module probably is the forerunner of a new workstation series which will incorporate the sounds of the Integra.
Hopefully that workstation will have more than 128 note polyphony and NOT the 4 slot limitation.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Yeah I agree Jan_nl. This module is an interesting development. I look forward to reading the manual. I wonder if the reason for the "expansion slot" idea is an underlying technology change? Maybe the srx cards are held in flash, not roms and they get loaded not ram or something? Maybe they're not hardware roms like before? Even my JV 1080 could instantly access the patches off exp boards. Or maybe the isn't enough patch memory fr all 12 srx exps. It's weird. Still I would probably only be interested in 4 srx boards anyway...