New Integra video

Forum for Integra 7
Quinnx.

New Integra video

Post by Quinnx. »

Chrisk-K

Re: New Integra video

Post by Chrisk-K »

Possibly the worst demo video I've seen. He talks for 13 minutes, hardly playing any patch. What he talks about is already documented at Rolandus.com. Does that guy work for Korg or Yamaha?
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

Now we know the time for loading the SRX's boards around 20 sec.
from what I hear no new technique. ROM loading into RAM.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Chrisk-K wrote:Possibly the worst demo video I've seen. He talks for 13 minutes, hardly playing any patch. What he talks about is already documented at Rolandus.com. Does that guy work for Korg or Yamaha?
C'mon... Yes the guy hardly plays but he explains a few things that we can't find on the documentation yet, although not very detailed still.
After hearing him, we would have even more questions, like:
- how to setup MFX for the loaded SRX and ExSN sounds? It uses one of the 16 MFX processors or a different one?
- from my understanding the 16 Part multitimbral is all there is, or not?
- how to assign the sounds loaded to the 4 virtual slots to parts?

And a few more... But I guess all will be answered soon as we get our eyes on the manuals and sound lists.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

He mention surround a lot. Could it be that Roland focused on giving (sorry, selling) us the surround capability and the MFX + EQ on each part. And thought the amount of sound was not so important. We do get the JP’s SuperNATURAL Acoustic, SuperNATURAL Synth, SuperNATURAL Drum Kit + XV5080’s PCM Synth and PCM Drum Kit. It’s a lot of sounds.
They perhaps didn’t see the SRX-Lib as the big thing. If you listen to this guy the surround and the MFX-EQ on each part is the big thing.
And that you can control it from an iPad ;-)

Don't get me wrong I think MFX-EQ on each part is a big thing. But access to all SRX would be nice too ...
But it seems like diffrent SRX cofigurations is Saved in the "Studio-set". It's not like you have to open the machine like in the old day. Some limitations is good for the creativity.
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

- from my understanding the 16 Part multitimbral is all there is, or not?
It's not clear from the video. What I need to know is whether the SN tone generator has 16 part multitimbral capabilities. We can use the JP-80 only as a 4 part multitimbral sound source.

Anyway, it seems that Roland has made a mistake emphasizing virtual SRX cards. The I-7 should be marketed as a SN sound module + surround sound capabilities. As an added bonus, you get all 12 SRX boards.

I'm starting to like the I-7...
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I found the video very informative, especially since I wanted to know more about the RSS. Besides, we have those 300+ sound clips on Soundcloud already. Looks like I will sure have to go out and buy an I-Pad now! I know, I'm so behind the times (I don't have an I-Phone either!) :-(

For those who have this incessant need for all 12 SRX boards at once, stop the bickering and whining...the Integra-7 is not for you! Go out and find either 2 Fantom XR's, or 3 XV-5080's, load them with all 12 SRX boards and get on with life for crying out loud! I'm being a touch sarcastic but sometimes we just have to accept things the way they are. Blimey some people are just so hard to please!

I ordered my Integra-7 before I heard the demo's and get quite a laugh at the over the top "purists" who have already bashed it as sounding "dated, cheesy (love that one!), lame, lousy, church-bandy" and on and on and on. Gads! Theyt don't even have the bloody thing yet!

One bloke made the remark that it was a JV-1080 with a new faceplate! Last time I looked, the JV-1080 didn't have SN, RSS, 16 MFX's or expansion slots for SRX boards. What a putz!

And the beat goes on...rant, rant rant...rave, rave, rave, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, tit for tat and all that jazz...isn't it the most?!! Give peace a chance!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:I found the video very informative, especially since I wanted to know more about the RSS. Besides, we have those 300+ sound clips on Soundcloud already. Looks like I will sure have to go out and buy an I-Pad now! I know, I'm so behind the times (I don't have an I-Phone either!) :-(

For those who have this incessant need for all 12 SRX boards at once, stop the bickering and whining...the Integra-7 is not for you! Go out and find either 2 Fantom XR's, or 3 XV-5080's, load them with all 12 SRX boards and get on with life for crying out loud! I'm being a touch sarcastic but sometimes we just have to accept things the way they are. Blimey some people are just so hard to please!

I ordered my Integra-7 before I heard the demo's and get quite a laugh at the over the top "purists" who have already bashed it as sounding "dated, cheesy (love that one!), lame, lousy, church-bandy" and on and on and on. Gads! Theyt don't even have the bloody thing yet!

One bloke made the remark that it was a JV-1080 with a new faceplate! Last time I looked, the JV-1080 didn't have SN, RSS, 16 MFX's or expansion slots for SRX boards. What a putz!

And the beat goes on...rant, rant rant...rave, rave, rave, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada, tit for tat and all that jazz...isn't it the most?!! Give peace a chance!
Soundworld, your sarcastic mood is too much... LOL ;-)
I know it's not my style, but I couldn't say it better !!!

+1

Even with all those "limitations" referred by some people, from what I saw and read so far, the Integra-7 seems the dream sound board for me!
It gives me my 4 favorite SRXs (that I could never buy) for a decent price, that I can load all at once plus a SN Engine with more than 256 SN tones with the JP-80 Engine interface + the XV and JV PCM Sounds that I lost when I had to sell my gear (Fantom) and it is 16 Part multitimbral. Ah and with an iPad interface too!

No VST? I don't use any VSTs with my DAW, except NI Complete 4 collection, so it doesn't matter anyway.

My V-Synth XT needs a companion like this :-)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Ah yes Paulo...the V-Synth along with the Integra will be a handsome pair to be sure and provide enough sonic firepower to blow the walls out! Tell the neighbors to get ear plugs!

As for the sarcasm, I try not to be too abrasive and I think sometimes a little "over the top" sarcastic humor is just what the doctor ordered. I think what sparked me off was RayS's oh-too-funny dumbass comment referring to Moj-K's "intuitive" purchase of the Jupiter after his "worst MIDI controller ever" rant. Seriously though, I hope in time he will learn to appreciate and enjoy the JP-80 like other proud owners. Life is too short to always go around and see the glass as half-empty! If the world were perfect, we wouldn't need policemen and politicians!

We are supposd to get the I-7 in late September here in the States but I noticed in Europe it is slated for early October. I'll go and ping my salesman this week and see if he can give me an exact delivery date.

Can't wait to play that Sarangi! I've got an ethnic extravaganza all lined up!
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

If it’s me whom you think is too critical I’m sorry. You got me all wrong, I totally love the I7. I was trying to respond some of the critic you found in
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45574

I totally agree with you, see the machine as a Super Natural Sound Rack Module with MFX and EQ on each part. That’s enough for me. And on top of it they added the SRX lib and the old tones from XV5080.

Every time I work with the Sonic Cell I miss my 1080 sounds and when I work with 1080 I miss the save icon. So a module that can give me both. Don’t misunderstand me, I think I7 is great.

And MFX + EQ on each part! And 6 different out groups on the drum part with EQ + Compressor !!!
And I love that Roland still makes Sound Modules/Rack. For a very long time I thought Sonic Cell was the last one. I know VS-700R, but the price tag on that one …

;-) ;-) ;-) ... some more SRX remarks … ;-) ;-) ;-)
What happened to SRX-97 and SRX-98? Those promotion SRX-Cards that later was shipped together with different Fantom bundles.

Written with a big smile!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

If it’s me whom you think is too critical I’m sorry. You got me all wrong, I totally love the I7. I was trying to respond some of the critic you found in
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45574
Oh I sincerely hope you didn't think that my remarks were aimed at you Johan! Paulo understood the sarcastic humor that I aimed at ALL of the comments about the limitations of the I-7.

Would I like to be able to load all 12 SRX or Exp's at once or have 512,000 voices of polyphony? Of course! But my comments were done in a kind of humorous answer back to all of the negative comments put forth on a module that hasn't even been fully released yet. Bottom line is that people who get it will get it, and those that don't won't. I for one won't be losing any sleep because someone with an agenda or foul attitude feels the need to trash the Jupiter-80 or Integra-7!

Truth be told, I get a kick out of the Forum because of all of the comments, good and bad. You get some real characters! Besides, we get the unique ability to pick the brains of some very knowledgeable chaps and get insight and useful tips that we may not otherwise get by reading bloody manuals!

I figure bashing is easy...actually creating a complex piece of machinery...not so much. Hmmm....let's see. What would be a good question to ask all of those who do nothing but bash and trash? "When is YOUR product with ALL of the bells and whistles you mention coming to the market so we can see and hear what you're talking about then?" ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:
I figure bashing is easy...actually creating a complex piece of machinery...not so much. Hmmm....let's see. What would be a good question to ask all of those who do nothing but bash and trash? "When is YOUR product with ALL of the bells and whistles you mention coming to the market so we can see and hear what you're talking about then?" ;-)
+1, again, I couldn't say it better
I'm afraid that product is miles away from geting to the market, and surely won't be a Roland ;-)
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

No no no I just thought, that you thought ... and so on.

There will probably never be a machine that pleases all. It will cost too much. And most of all, the taste of people is different.
As I Written before, I think I7 is great, all the SuperNATURAL sounds from the Jupiter 50/80 and MFX+EQ on each part that’s WoW! On top of that all the sounds from XV5080. So I can use all my old sounds from my JV-1080 in a modern DAW situation and use the Save Icon without a Midi dump procedure first. On top of this I have all the SRX-Card.
So I love it.
Of course…
• Access to all card would be nice
• All the Fantom Sounds would be nice
• All the V-synths would be nice

But they have to save something for the Integra-9, right
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Johan325 wrote: Of course…
• Access to all card would be nice
• All the Fantom Sounds would be nice
• All the V-synths would be nice

But they have to save something for the Integra-9, right
Right !!! ;-)
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Chrisk-K wrote:Anyway, it seems that Roland has made a mistake emphasizing virtual SRX cards. The I-7 should be marketed as a SN sound module + surround sound capabilities. As an added bonus, you get all 12 SRX boards.
Some posters on this and other forums have focussed on the SRX cards for whatever reason, but I don't see Roland has having emphasized that. For example:

http://www.rolandconnect.com/product.php?p=integra-7

The SN sounds clearly take precedence over the unit's SRX capabilities.