Splits, layers, velocity

Forum for Integra 7
keys

Splits, layers, velocity

Post by keys »

Has it been stated anywhere (I can't find) whether Integra-7 can, from the module itself --

Put any of the 16 parts into different layers or splits with different volumes and velocities, across the spectrum of the keyboard (and then play any or all of these layers / splits together - barring polyphony)

i.e. exactly as the Fantom X or Fantom XR does, for live playing. This is absolutely essential for me in respect of stage work - I don't want to be just using one sound at a time and I want my Jupiter 80 to be the master.
anotherscott

Re: Splits, layers, velocity

Post by anotherscott »

keys wrote:Has it been stated anywhere (I can't find) whether Integra-7 can, from the module itself --

Put any of the 16 parts into different layers or splits with different volumes and velocities, across the spectrum of the keyboard (and then play any or all of these layers / splits together - barring polyphony)

i.e. exactly as the Fantom X or Fantom XR does, for live playing. This is absolutely essential for me in respect of stage work - I don't want to be just using one sound at a time and I want my Jupiter 80 to be the master.
I have not seen anything yet about whether the Integra can do this. However, either way, your Jupiter 80 can do this. I'm pretty sure that a Registration can include Program Changes with key range, volume, and velocity parameters for each of the 16 channels, which would allow you to layer/split up to 16 Integra sounds any way you want (along with one or more of the Jupiter's internal sounds, if you want). If you happen to have more than one module (i.e. an Integra and something else), this also allows you to call up a setup that splits/layers combinations of sounds from the multiple modules.