DV247 Integra demo video

Forum for Integra 7
cello

DV247 Integra demo video

Post by cello »

Have to say, this rack is becoming more and more interesting to me!

http://www.dv247.com/news/Introducing%2 ... RAL/133270
Dany

Re: DV247 Integra demo video

Post by Dany »

After having watched this video, I am just wondering how the Integra-7 release will affect new buyers, who stand before the decision to either buy a JP-80 or one or two Integra-7 modules.

The street price of a single Integra-7 is 1780 CHF (Swiss Francs) in my local music store and the street price of a single Jupiter-80 is 3250 CHF.

So TWO Integra-7 modules would cost only 310 CHF more, than a single JP-80, while offering the same amount of voices like the JP-80 but much more sound power and 32x multitimbrality!

Of course you would need an additional MIDI controller like e.g. the Roland A-90 (offering 8 MIDI-Zones with Velocity/Key splits, Volume, Pan, Offset values etc., with 4 MIDI Outputs on 128 MIDI channels) and an iPad.
But such a setup with TWO Integra-7 modules would obviously be much more powerful than just a single JP-80!

But even if you already have a JP-80, then just the addition of a single Integra-7 module will improve your sound power in many ways, especially if you are looking for the excellent V-Drums, which are not existent in the JP-80, just like all the additional Integra-7 SN Acoustic stock Tones (resp. instrument models) and all the additional PCM waveformes in the Oscillator section of the SN VA-Synth engine and all the new SN Acoustic Tone Expansion Packs and all the SRX Expansion Boards and all the new High Definition PCM Expansions and "Motional Surround", which you all won't find on the JP-80.

The INTEGRA-7 is indeed very intriguing!

GAS....I will order one or maybe two of them! ;)
-
anotherscott

Re: DV247 Integra demo video

Post by anotherscott »

Yes... I think this does make the Jupiter 80 less desirable, especially with its lame implementation of aftertouch. For the same price range as a Jupiter 80, you could get one Integra AND a Jupiter 50... I think that would be a lot more useful and versatile than an 80. You'd get the same polyphony, a lot more sounds (SRX, etc.), more parts (20 vs 4), it would actually be more compact and lighter to gig with... I think all you would lose is the half-assed AT implementation and the touchscreen. The touchscreen is nice, but I don't think it's worth the trade-off (and the iPad app would take away some of the sting of not having it).