Plugin AU Compatible ??

Forum for Integra 7
knolan

Plugin AU Compatible ??

Post by knolan »

It has just occurred to me - it looks like the Integra-7 DAW plugin is not AU compatible - is this the case?

Surely Roland cannot be so naive as to release a plugin but purposely not make it OSX compatible; while at the same time offer an iPad app.

Am I reading this correctly or am I missing something?

Kevin
PauloF

Re: Plugin AU Compatible ??

Post by PauloF »

knolan wrote:It has just occurred to me - it looks like the Integra-7 DAW plugin is not AU compatible - is this the case?

Surely Roland cannot be so naive as to release a plugin but purposely not make it OSX compatible; while at the same time offer an iPad app.

Am I reading this correctly or am I missing something?

Kevin
Why mixing Operating Systems with Plug-In types ? what one thing has to do with the other here?

I know that Roland did not (yet) released the full info about this, but why assuming that the OSX based DAWs will not be supported?
knolan

Post by knolan »

Because in the brochure, on the new guide and on all videos they mention he plugin being VST only, with no mention of AU compatibility. The means AU is not supported (there has never been another instance I can recall, ever, where AU compatibility is left off the advertising blurb when AU is indeed supported).

So it looks like the Integra-7 plugin will no run on Mac. and if the case, this can only be a (poor IMO) strategy by Roland to try to get people to buy Sonar.

What gets me is that they have put reasonable emphais on the use of this module in Film and TV, where the majority of composers uses Logic or Protools (with Protools on Mac being almost exclusively tused in the completely professional domian).

Kevin.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

knolan wrote:Because in the brochure, on the new guide and on all videos they mention he plugin being VST only, with no mention of AU compatibility. The means AU is not supported (there has never been another instance I can recall, ever, where AU compatibility is left off the advertising blurb when AU is indeed supported).

So it looks like the Integra-7 plugin will no run on Mac. and if the case, this can only be a (poor IMO) strategy by Roland to try to get people to buy Sonar.

What gets me is that they have put reasonable emphais on the use of this module in Film and TV, where the majority of composers uses Logic or Protools (with Protools on Mac being almost exclusively tused in the completely professional domian).

Kevin.
I have Mac based DAWs and I'm using lots of VSTs...
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

Roland is working together with Cakewalk. Its daw is only windows based, thus Roland includes only windowsbased plugins. No Au for Mac users ! Thats a shame. No profi or semi profi studios use windows based platforms (not stabile enough). Roland should include OSX compatible plugins too