Integra App Is Now Available!!

Forum for Integra 7
piaknowguy

Integra App Is Now Available!!

Post by piaknowguy »

Just so you know! Check out the tone lists! :-)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/integra- ... 47016?mt=8
bluesplayer

Re: Integra App Is Now Available!!

Post by bluesplayer »

Someone tell me that the functionality is/will be duplicated on ANY PC (Win or Mac) via VSTi or other provided SW and/or ANY Android tablet

If Roland now exclusively uses only Apple products for external interfacing they just lost a customer.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Thanks for posting that. The app is nice. One major omission though is you can't edit the Effects on it. Seems weird to me. 256 user patch slots for PCM parts. I wonder what happens when you load the SRX libraries?
porteous

Post by porteous »

I have read on some review sites that if you are already using the USB connector on the back of the Integra to connect to your PC, then you cannot connect an iPad to it at the same time. Do you know if this is true? Since there is another USB port on the front, I had assumed you could connect to that one (via the iPad Camera connection kit or the Roland wireless dongle)
papaphoenix

Post by papaphoenix »

Hello, it depend how you work.

The Ipad support only the "standard" midi driver.
If you select this setting "generic (midi only)", you can use the Integra-7 with an ipad on wirelles connexion and the usb to host on the back for midi connexion from/to computer.
If you select the setting "vender (midi+audio)", you cannot use the ipad with the wifi on the same time than audio+midi connexion from/to computer.
The setting is here, when you change this setting , you need to write it on internal memory and reboot the Integra-7.

Menu ==> Sytyem ==> Setup ==> USB driver.

Hope it's help.
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

I love iPad editor. You can still connect iPad to Integra wihtout wireless, If you use USB connection to computer. Just use any usb-midi interface with iPad. I Use my Roland UM usb midi interface with iPad and run MIDI cables to Integra. Works smooth.
I dont like the idea of plugging wireless plug tu front panel of Interga. You can break it very easily, brecause it reaches out from the panel. Strange, that Roland has not built in the wifi to Integra !

About the editor - I think its easy and intuitive, but misses some things. From first screen (mixer) I really miss the Reverb and Chorus knobs to tweak also FX not only level and pan. Also its strange, that the is only mute, but not SOLO button ! This should be fixed.

I really love the second screen, where you have list of all tracks, but it should have pop-up level slider in the very right (or left) of each track for moree comfortable use ! Right now i have to jump between first two screens and I hate this.

Thirdly - in both mixer and the second screen, the tracks should have level meters. Right now I don't even know, what track makes sound and what does not !
PianoManinSoCal

Post by PianoManinSoCal »

I won't EVER choose to own another Apple product again, and SO glad a PC & Mac Editor is on its way...

It appears the Roland INTEGRA-7 Editor for PC/Mac, beyond the existing VST plug-in for 3-D sound positioning, is coming soon! Yay!

Just got off the phone with Roland US Product Support. It's being developed by Roland Japan and was expected to be announced at last week's NAMM in Anaheim, but might not debut now until MusicMesse in March. This will provide all of the functions of the existing iPad Editor on a PC or Mac system.

However, it remains to be seen how this would function over USB if one wanted to simultaneously send and receive MIDI and/or Audio over USB at the same time. It will provide touchscreen support by default for Windows 8 OS, and there may be workarounds for older OS.

As an example, the touchscreen capabilities might be attainable via a different Windows tablet device, but that remains to be seen. It's also not clear if all of the Editor functions will be through a standalone app outside of your DAW, or if it will function as a VST.

Either way, I'm very pleased to hear this, because I refuse to purchase another Apple product in my lifetime, especially just to run the INTEGRA-7 Editor (having worked on Apple products since 1978).

So, stay calm and carry on, until the Roland official announcement and release!