Does anyone have an Integra midied to another keyboard

Forum for Integra 7
steve77

Does anyone have an Integra midied to another keyboard

Post by steve77 »

Other than a Roland product Id be curious to see how it sounds.Every time I see the demos its with a Roland Controller,Jupiter 80 or Fantom, Id like to hear it with a Korg or Yamaha or Kurzweil etc. I right now own a Kurzweil PC3 and am Planning to get the new Korg Krome 88 key.... Im curious if the sounds( especially Pianos/Eps) will sound identical with either keyboards????
howardS

Re: Does anyone have an Integra midied to another keyboard

Post by howardS »

I tried it out on a Studiologic controller, the VMK 188 Plus. It felt great.
steve77

Post by steve77 »

Not how it felt, how did it sound?Did the pianos/eps sound as good as being midied with a Roland product
As seen on all the Youtube videos?
howardS

Post by howardS »

By "felt" I meant that the Integra7 EP's and pianos were very responsive. Yes, they sounded great.
steve77

Post by steve77 »

howardS wrote:By "felt" I meant that the Integra7 EP's and pianos were very responsive. Yes, they sounded great.
Cool!!!
Thats what I wanted to know... I will be purchasing the Integra but to be used with My Kurzweil or new Korg Krome 88 key Im getting and didnt want to spend the money on the new A88 Roland controller if I didnt need to. Years ago I found that the sound modules didnt always sound as good if midied to another manufacturer as compared to their own manufacturer.

thanks Howard
Chrisk-K

Post by Chrisk-K »

steve77 wrote: Years ago I found that the sound modules didnt always sound as good if midied to another manufacturer as compared to their own manufacturer.

thanks Howard
Maybe, it was a placebo effect. Or, maybe, you didn't adjust the velocity curve on another manufacturer's controller. A controller simply sends out MIDI info. I don't see how the manufacturer of a controller makes a sound module sound better or worse.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Chrisk-K. I agree that it is probably about matching or setting velocity curves.
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Right. The only way a controller could affect the "sound" of a module would be the velocity response (and possibly aftertouch response, if the board has aftertouch).

For example, many sounds get brighter when you strike the keys harder. If you switch from one controller that generates maximum velocity (127) very easily to another board where you have to hit the keys harder to generate 127, then the second board may appear to make some of the sounds on the module seem "less bright" unless you hit the keys harder. (Or, in the infamous case of the original DX7, the highest velocities couldn't be generated at all! But that's an aberration.)
steve77

Post by steve77 »

Right. The only way a controller could affect the "sound" of a module would be the velocity response (and possibly aftertouch response, if the board has aftertouch).

Thanks guys I guess your right I used to have a Korg sp200 digital piano midi in to Roland xv2020 and the pianos/eps didnt sound as good as they were in the store on some of the other roland keyboards
but mind you the pianos/eps were not great on the xv2020 either