Any Fantom patches in the Integra?

Forum for Integra 7
steve77

Any Fantom patches in the Integra?

Post by steve77 »

I know about the Supernatural/XV5080/Srx but what about any of the Fantom series?
The last Roland I owned was an XV2020 so Im out of the loop.But definatly interested in the Integra I have one on order.
anotherscott

Re: Any Fantom patches in the Integra?

Post by anotherscott »

steve77 wrote:I know about the Supernatural/XV5080/Srx but what about any of the Fantom series?
The last Roland I owned was an XV2020 so Im out of the loop.But definatly interested in the Integra I have one on order.
Officially no... but I believe that many of the XV5080 sounds were also in the Fantom, so then those would be in the Integra...
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

We don't know what is in GS+HQ sound bank ...
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

Some of SN Synth patches of I7 sound like these from FantomG...
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

I'm looking for some patches from Fantoma G and can't find in my I7, for example: Patch is away, TerraNostra, AnalogKick 3-8...So. The answer is NO. I7 dosn't have all patche from FG...
nikandros

Post by nikandros »

I have an Integra-7 and a Fantom XR. I would really like to migrate all my user patches to the Integra, but many are missing... Would Axial create a soundset for Fantom X?. How would we ask?
bigmuz7

Post by bigmuz7 »

For those that have the time :o here is the full integra sound list

http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manu ... je01_W.pdf
Monkey Man

Post by Monkey Man »

There are definitely Fantom patches in the INTEGRA... in mine at least.

I can't remember which ones specifically, but IIRC at least one of the Axial packs had a preset in it that was for all intents and purposes completely blank. Dead. Nothing happening... until I stumbled upon a parameter that resurrected it. This happened with several presets, but I didn't save my tweaks in case I'd simply not understood the intent of the programmer/s.

In short, Fantom patches lurk in my I-7.

Sorry. Carry on.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

nikandros wrote:I have an Integra-7 and a Fantom XR. I would really like to migrate all my user patches to the Integra, but many are missing... Would Axial create a soundset for Fantom X?. How would we ask?
Don't think so, as all Axial patches are Supernatural Synth based (new engine) and Fantom X are only PCM based.

Roland made i7 with both types of sounds, but the PCM based are hard coded in ROM.

The only way to have more patches is by creating them from scratch or by copying a template from the plethora of existing ones and tweaking ;-)

Cheers
PauloF
Macska

Post by Macska »

Necrobumping get this thread, but while I'm here I may as well answer. I had the fantom G and fantom VS along with the integra.

Really the integra can't do many fantom specific preset patches to my observation. You can get similar results, maybe identical in some cases, but in the end the Fantom G has a few more envelope options than the xv5080. The integra has the XV and SuperNatural engines in it, while the fantom was its own evolution between those two.

As stated, anything XV that the fantom had as far as presets go, the integra can do. But those fantom specific patches that utilize the more detailed envelopes can't be exactly recreated. Now, most of the fantom presets don't use these envelopes or layering options very heavily so those are no problem to imitate. But again, no matter how close you get some little things present in those fantom patches won't show up.

In the end the integra is still much more powerful :)
jengelbr

Post by jengelbr »

Allow me to also add, as a former JV user, because the original individual Chorus and Reverb settings for each Tone (formerly Patch) have not been carried over and have been replaced by Studio Set (formerly Performance) Chorus and Reverb settings, original JV Patches (and XV Patches as well) will not sound the same unless you reprogram those settings in the Studio Set Chorus and Reverb. Regardless, the Integra is a much better and more powerful module, just don't expect the old Tones/Patches to sound exactly the same...