i7 as an audio (basic) interface?

Forum for Integra 7
miden

i7 as an audio (basic) interface?

Post by miden »

I currently use a Sonic Cell, and as most already know, it also includes a 64bit ASIO driver so it can run as an audio interface with my DAW.

A basic i/f as it is only L/R in and out, but it still functions rather well.

I want to ask Integra users if the i7 can also be sued in this fashion, or will I also need to splash out on a separate hardware interface?

The reason I ask is that I also use the SC for live gigs with my laptop, and it functions sweetly for getting audio out of the lappy to the FOH system..

Thanks
miden

Re: i7 as an audio (basic) interface?

Post by miden »

44 reads and no-one has a clue?

Well that does not bode well. I think I will just stick with the Sonic Cell and two srx cards.

Cheers
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

Did you bother to look at the manual around say page 46 or would you prefer we spoon-feed the info to you?
miden

Post by miden »

It was a simple and quick question directed to those people who actually know what they are talking about, not morons like you.

Why should I download a full manual for a question that any owner would know in an instant...as soon as they loaded the drivers for the first time in fact...and it is NOT on the Roland Integra webpages, or if it is it is well hidden...

Once again proves the adage, no stupid questions but PLENTY of stupid answers.
knolan

Post by knolan »

Just a quick reply to add support to your position miden. I think Devnor your answer was far too sarcastic; after all, this is a forum for discussion. If you can't ask questions like that here, then where can you. I'm tired of people responding to queries on forums with off the point sarcastic comments, rather than discussing the topic at hand. If you don't have information to pass on, why bother replying at all?

Miden - the reason you did not get an answer is simply - most of us do not have one yet!

Kevin.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

knolan wrote:...
Miden - the reason you did not get an answer is simply - most of us do not have one yet!

Kevin.
That is perfectly right!

However, there is some information on page 46 of the OM (USB AUDIO section) and on the Block Diagram (page 62 of the OM).
The USB Audio is a 2 channel Stereo IN/OUT (like the SonicCell and any other Roland device)

USB Audio OUT from I-7 --> Computer is taken from the OUTs 1-2 (MIX)
USB Audio IN from Computer or Rear/front Panel Audio Connectors --> i-7 External Part
miden

Post by miden »

knolan wrote:Just a quick reply to add support to your position miden. I think Devnor your answer was far too sarcastic; after all, this is a forum for discussion. If you can't ask questions like that here, then where can you. I'm tired of people responding to queries on forums with off the point sarcastic comments, rather than discussing the topic at hand. If you don't have information to pass on, why bother replying at all?

Kevin.
Kevin, thank you a voice of reason - MUCH appreciated..Thanks for your advice...I live in Australia and the Integra has only just been released...I was under the impression (mistaken now I see) that it had been out for some time in the US.

I really want to get one and I ma trying hard to find ways to justify the move from the Sonic Cell with the 03 and 07 SRX cards to Integra as I think I will lose the ability to create and use Playlists with the Integra.

Cheers
Dennis
miden

Post by miden »

PauloF wrote:
knolan wrote:...

Kevin.
That is perfectly right!

However, there is some information on page 46 of the OM (USB AUDIO section) and on the Block Diagram (page 62 of the OM).
The USB Audio is a 2 channel Stereo IN/OUT (like the SonicCell and any other Roland device)

USB Audio OUT from I-7 --> Computer is taken from the OUTs 1-2 (MIX)
USB Audio IN from Computer or Rear/front Panel Audio Connectors --> i-7 External Part
Thanks Paulo :)
Devnor

Post by Devnor »

miden wrote:It was a simple and quick question directed to those people who actually know what they are talking about, not morons like you.

Why should I download a full manual for a question that any owner would know in an instant...as soon as they loaded the drivers for the first time in fact...and it is NOT on the Roland Integra webpages, or if it is it is well hidden...

Once again proves the adage, no stupid questions but PLENTY of stupid answers.
Yes why should YOU bother downloading a manual or doing any research of your own only to drone on about stupid people. I just gave you the answer Mr Genius but I'm not going to spoon feed a moron when the answers are out there. Try reading instead of complaining. You might learn something, pickup a couple skills and I assure you this tough synth stuff gets easier.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

miden wrote:I currently use a Sonic Cell, and as most already know, it also includes a 64bit ASIO driver so it can run as an audio interface with my DAW.

A basic i/f as it is only L/R in and out, but it still functions rather well.

I want to ask Integra users if the i7 can also be sued in this fashion, or will I also need to splash out on a separate hardware interface?

The reason I ask is that I also use the SC for live gigs with my laptop, and it functions sweetly for getting audio out of the lappy to the FOH system..

Thanks
Hmmmm ;-) I’ll start with a Hmmmmm. I to have a Sonic Cell and use it several times as an main audio interface. Most for testing. So I think I know what you’re asking for.
You wanna know if you can use it as you main Windows audio interface. Where you here the Welcome sound. Youtube sound, Game sound etc.
The Superior INTEGRA-7 has not yet reachet Scandinavia and I have still not bought it.
But if your question is what I think it is. The answer is YES. You can use the INTEGRA-7 as your main audio interface. Just as with Sonic Cell. This is a setting in Windows.
Control-panel – Sound – rightclick on the one you want as standard and choose “standard/default”.
I don’t know if I use the right terms because I’m setting with a Swedish Windows so I guessed the labels.
And I think I read it somewhere in the INTEGRA-7 Manual also

This is what I think