An Editor for PCs would be nice???

Forum for Integra 7
Johan325

Re: An Editor for PCs would be nice???

Post by Johan325 »

They have now released the surround Editor for PC/Mac. Some more editors might on its way.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Nice... But wheres the rest of it..

wont be getting my money until i see a full editor suite.
Johan325

Post by Johan325 »

This thing was released sometime after they released GAIA itself. Hope Roland NOT thinking of earning some more money on the INTEGRA.
http://www.roland.co.uk/products/produc ... =1129&c=37
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

I don't care any more.
Luckily I returned I7 and now I'm playing Omnisphere. Great thing by the way. No more Roland's !
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Quinnx. wrote:Nice... But wheres the rest of it..

wont be getting my money until i see a full editor suite.
I think you will be like your avatar Quinnx!!! ;-) just sit back and relax... it will be a long wait
;-)

P.S: I hope I'm wrong
Joxer96

Post by Joxer96 »

For what it's worth, this was their reply to my inquiry on 10/22:

RE: Support Request #99054
Product: Integra 7
Subject: Full Editor Please
Question: I really appreciate having the iPad editor, but can you please release a FULL editor containing all of the edit parameters? Having a computer based one would also be ideal, even for someone like me who owns an iPad. Thanks.

Gus

Hello Gus,

We are currently in the process of developing a computer based editor for this product.
Sincerely,
Roland US Product Support
M-F 8:30am-5:00pm Pacific Time
323-890-3740

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Joxer96 wrote:For what it's worth, this was their reply to my inquiry on 10/22:

RE: Support Request #99054
Product: Integra 7
Subject: Full Editor Please
Question: I really appreciate having the iPad editor, but can you please release a FULL editor containing all of the edit parameters? Having a computer based one would also be ideal, even for someone like me who owns an iPad. Thanks.

Gus

Hello Gus,

We are currently in the process of developing a computer based editor for this product.
Sincerely,
Roland US Product Support
M-F 8:30am-5:00pm Pacific Time
323-890-3740

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.
if this is true... Now... THIS WILL BE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT !!!!
Depends on which Christmas we are talking about, but nevertheless... ;-)
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

alpha_C wrote:Don't care about Roland's context. Waiting to the end of 2012. If they don't release editor I'll sell I7 and never again buy any Roland stuff...That's it.
alpha_C wrote:I don't care any more.
Luckily I returned I7 and now I'm playing Omnisphere. Great thing by the way. No more Roland's !
Well don't let the old Roland door smack you an the arse on the way out alpha old geezer!! Didn't even make it to the end of the year there did ya there mate? Well at least you kept your threat. We'll think about you when we get the editor!

Congrats on getting Omnisphere. Every time I watch that 20+ minute vid of Eric doing the v1.5 demo I want one. That Orb function is so cool!

Regards,
.:':.DH.:':.
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

PauloF wrote:
Johan325 wrote:
The full editor is really a big miss, but just to add on the USB front...
There is one USB To Host ( to connect a Computer) and one To Device USB port where you can connect a Flash drive, an iPad (via a Camera connection kit) or a Wireless adapter And in that case the iPad could be used wirelessly.
Yes You can ! Connect the Integra to computer via USB in the rear panel and iPad to Intergra via USB midi interface and midi cables ! I use Edirol /Roland usb-midi interface to iPad and it works smooth.

Ofcourse, I would prefer not to have this musch wires, but I dont see, why I have to spend 60 EUR to buy wireless plug for the integra ! This should have been included option !
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

it' s sad, that Roland h a partnership with Cakewalk, that is not a profi DAW and does not work on Mac or Linux. Most of the profi studios and players use Mac with Logic or Protools, thus Roland having only Windows based entry lecel Cakewalk software is a real shame.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Catarsis wrote:it' s sad, that Roland h a partnership with Cakewalk, that is not a profi DAW and does not work on Mac or Linux. Most of the profi studios and players use Mac with Logic or Protools, thus Roland having only Windows based entry lecel Cakewalk software is a real shame.
I agree that cakewalk should think twice and adapt Sonar to the Mac World yes like they did for some of their products, like Studio Instruments, for example.

But now, to say that X2 is an entry level DAW, it is completely wrong statement!!
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

PauloF wrote:
Catarsis wrote:it' s sad, that Roland h a partnership with Cakewalk, that is not a profi DAW and does not work on Mac or Linux. Most of the profi studios and players use Mac with Logic or Protools, thus Roland having only Windows based entry lecel Cakewalk software is a real shame.
I agree that cakewalk should think twice and adapt Sonar to the Mac World yes like they did for some of their products, like Studio Instruments, for example.

But now, to say that X2 is an entry level DAW, it is completely wrong statement!!

Hy (again) Paulo !

Noooo, the X2 isn' t, entry level, but must profis don't use it because of OS platform. And you don' t get the full profi X2 with Roland gear, do You ? The one you get is entry or home user level.
But If you are a profi user, you most surely use Pro Tools or Logic Pro, because you do not use Windos OP Sys. I quess I don' t hve to explain why.

Try to go to any profi or semi-profi studio and say - hi guys, i have my Cakewalk files with me and Cakewalk instrument definition files to make my tracks sound correct :)
Quess, how fast you will be kicked out off the studio ?

Actually it takes about an hour. This long it takes for studio guys to understand that you are not kidding ;)
drpopper

Post by drpopper »

Catarsis wrote:
Try to go to any profi or semi-profi studio and say - hi guys, i have my Cakewalk files with me and Cakewalk instrument definition files to make my tracks sound correct :)

Actually it takes about an hour. This long it takes for studio guys to understand that you are not kidding ;)
LOL!!!!!! So sad but soooooo true
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

drpopper wrote:
Catarsis wrote:

Not everyone has the financial potential for ProTools...

And there's a lot of studios that don't have ProTools... That's a luxury for some
drpopper

Post by drpopper »

PauloF wrote:
drpopper wrote:
Catarsis wrote:

Not everyone has the financial potential for ProTools...

And there's a lot of studios that don't have ProTools... That's a luxury for some
Maybe but no studio uses cakewalk if they don't use pro tools they use logic ( most use both )