XV-5080 vs. I-7: More differences than you might think!

Forum for Integra 7
PauloF

Re: XV-5080 vs. I-7: More differences than you might think!

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:
Could this be related to the fact that the Chorus and Reverb are global? I've noticed that it seems that the global Chorus switches to a Delay when Motional Surround has been used. I don't have my Integra here right now so I cannot double check.

Best Regards
Ludvig
Certainly sounds plausible Ludvig, and would explain why that odd delay was added to the Dyno Toms patch. It is certainly easy enough to fix some of the patches if they are different like that because of the global setting.

We're just having fun noticing some of the differences and subtle variations amongst all of the models. I have spent hours just going through the SN-S bank. So many more to explore!
By the time you finish browsing patches I'll have my Integra-7! ;-D
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

By the time you finish browsing patches I'll have my Integra-7! ;-D
Dang Paulo...you must be getting that I-7 soon then! I have already finished the 1109 SN-S'ers and will be moving on to the SRX's. Rob Sherratt over at Korg Forums posted how many patches are in each SRX...whoo wee there are a lot of them!

At least I already know the SRX01, 03, 04, 06 and 09 because I already had those in my 5080 and FantomXR. Just seven to go! And then there is the SN-A and the Motional Surround to explore yet.

Well you will at least probably get your I-7 before I get the I-Pad! No time in the Soundworld for any new gadgets... :-O
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:

Well you will at least probably get your I-7 before I get the I-Pad! No time in the Soundworld for any new gadgets... :-O
After you get one Doug, you'll see that it opens up a complete new experience on how to control things!
;-)
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

PauloF wrote:…it opens up a complete[ly] new experience on how to control things!
Control things? This sounds most interesting!
Control.jpg
Control.jpg (31.17 KiB) Viewed 1732 times
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Grammar Wombat wrote:
PauloF wrote:…it opens up a complete[ly] new experience on how to control things!
Control things? This sounds most interesting!
Control.jpg
Ah Yes! The Royal Scepter, and a visit from our highness...

Consider me contolled my liege!!
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:
Could this be related to the fact that the Chorus and Reverb are global? I've noticed that it seems that the global Chorus switches to a Delay when Motional Surround has been used. I don't have my Integra here right now so I cannot double check.

Best Regards
Ludvig
Certainly sounds plausible Ludvig, and would explain why that odd delay was added to the Dyno Toms patch. It is certainly easy enough to fix some of the patches if they are different like that because of the global setting.

We're just having fun noticing some of the differences and subtle variations amongst all of the models. I have spent hours just going through the SN-S bank. So many more to explore!
Yes, there is no delay in dyno toms (for example), it' chorus, but you have chorus set to delay somewhy. It' not because of Motional Surround, in my oppinion. It depends on the Fx settings of the Studio Set you have loaded. Some of the studio sets have delay instead of chorus. Just set it back to chorus in FX menu, and voila !

TY
Catarsis

Post by Catarsis »

I compared the SRX soinds on my Juno Stage and XV 5080 to Integra. While in Stage and XV the difference was small (some sounds are better when using with Juno Stage), the sounds I use mostly sounded better on Integra. Sweeter, wider, smoother. If tou turn all the FX down and listen tomthe dry singlan, they sounded the same, but the FX section of Interga sounds cleaner and better to me.
Strange thing is - take the SRX-01 card and yoy hear, that all thhe drumkits sound quiet even, if the level is turned up. This was the shortcoming of this wonderful card. Stangely, Roland has not fixed this on Integra !