To those who own an I7

Forum for Integra 7
steve77

To those who own an I7

Post by steve77 »

I know I just got mine yesterday but had a question.Im using the Kurzweil PC-3
with the I7 and was going thru the SN Acoustic tones and noticed some of the tones
were a little difficult playing too many notes at once ei violin,sax.Is it because these are soloing instruments?
Also on the bagpipe not that Ill be using that very often in my life, but when hearing the demo it sounded like you could hold some bass notes and play a melody with the right hand ...when I tried it the bass notes and melody wouldnt play togethr some notes cut out.Also on some other tones in the lower section of my keyboard they would cut out or fade out.But overall the sounds are incredable.

The question is has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?
SoundworldA.D.

Re: To those who own an I7

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Nothing wrong with your setup...you have stumbled upon the world of SuperNATURAL Steve!

I immediately went to the bagpipes (SN-A:254) and noticed it also does the same thing on the Uillean Pipes (#253) as well. If you only hit one bass note it (the SN engine) recognizes it as a solo and will chop it when you hit another note. However, the second you hit two or more bass notes it plays the chord and then you can solo against it on the upper keys.

Pretty cool!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

Let the Alap's begin!

Found this gem on SN-A # 249, Sitar1.

Press SW1 and get a cool droning Tamboura. Then hit G2 or the G# key (at least it is G2 on my 76 keys) and get a lovely sitar gliss and then float down the Ganges with a fantastic sounding sitar that responds nicely to your playing style.

Beauty A!!
alpha_C

Post by alpha_C »

steve77 could you compare I7 to PC3 ? Please.
I'm thinking about buying PC361 but I consider (having I7) is it worth buying?
steve77

Post by steve77 »

alpha_C wrote:steve77 could you compare I7 to PC3 ? Please.
I'm thinking about buying PC361 but I consider (having I7) is it worth buying?
Hi Alpha thats a hard question its 2 different animals depends on what your looking for.
What do you have now?and what are your goals in music? That might help me to get a better idea how to answer your question.Ill be straight forward with you Ive never found one keyboard that could totally satisfy me soundwise.... years ago I was going to sell all my keyboard gear and get one good keyboard, the problem was I couldnt find it.
IMO each manufacturer has certain patches that differ from one another. Some people love Yamaha keys for the Pianos ,I prefer Steinway so Yamaha wasnt my choice for pianos but their Pads&Strings love em so I got the Motif XS rack. Kurzweil definatly for the Steinway pianos, Roland VK8M for the Hammond B3 simulations.My Kurzweil has the B3 stuff but cant touch my Roland VK in my opinion.The Integra its theSNtones I favor, plus Ive always love Roland synth and pad patches.BUT! if I were to have one keyboard only, it would be the Kurzweil.

I think ,,,and this is my opinon only, it succeeds in all the different gendres of tones ie, pianos/eps/strings/orchestral/pads/synth yes even B3 organ, and you can have 3 sounds layered together without loss of polophony *depending on the combinations layered.In other words if I had to take a single keyboard to a gig playing event... hands down it would be the PC-3.
steve77

Post by steve77 »

SoundworldA.D. wrote:Nothing wrong with your setup...you have stumbled upon the world of SuperNATURAL Steve!

I immediately went to the bagpipes (SN-A:254) and noticed it also does the same thing on the Uillean Pipes (#253) as well. If you only hit one bass note it (the SN engine) recognizes it as a solo and will chop it when you hit another note. However, the second you hit two or more bass notes it plays the chord and then you can solo against it on the upper keys.

Pretty cool!
Thanks Soundworld and yes your right SN is different but when soloing instruments it cant be beat
trpt solos,sax,solos,violin just awesome!
Not that the bagpipe Ill use very often it's just when I did a demo of it with the audition button it sounded so real and I tried to copy the demo and couldnt but thanks for the info ill try it again.I do not regret at all getting this I7 and Ive just scratched the surface.
deswind

Post by deswind »

I do not understand how their can be so many sounds and so much great audio quality and features in such a lightweight (literally a light) module.

I remember how heavy my MKS-70 was!
steve77

Post by steve77 »

deswind wrote:I do not understand how their can be so many sounds and so much great audio quality and features in such a lightweight (literally a light) module.

I remember how heavy my MKS-70 was!
And made in Japan!!!!!!!!!!!
SoundworldA.D.

Post by SoundworldA.D. »

I do not understand how their can be so many sounds and so much great audio quality and features in such a lightweight (literally a light) module.

I remember how heavy my MKS-70 was!deswind

Welcome to the modern world of surface mount technology and digital electronics. The PC boards are getting smaller and smaller and since the components (like power supplies) are too, the weight is kept at a minimum.

The weight may be light, but the sounds?

Heavy Duty!!
deswind

Post by deswind »

Hi Soundworld. I agree with what you have said here. Perhaps they have also decided to make the casing lighter as well. Afterall, a lot of musicans today that were part of this "synth" revolution are now older, and do not want to carry around any more extra weight than needed.
SoundworldA.D. wrote:Welcome to the modern world of surface mount technology and digital electronics. The PC boards are getting smaller and smaller and since the components (like power supplies) are too, the weight is kept at a minimum.

The weight may be light, but the sounds?

Heavy Duty!!
steve77

Post by steve77 »

[quote="deswind"]Hi Soundworld. I agree with what you have said here. Perhaps they have also decided to make the casing lighter as well. Afterall, a lot of musicans today that were part of this "synth" revolution are now older, and do not want to carry around any more extra weight than needed.

Tell me about it.... I love my Kurz PC-3 but its still heavy for this old man... I was surprised at the weight of the I7 my ex-XV-2020 was almost the same weight and that was a half-rack.But like Soundworld said a lot of bang for your buck with this baby and Ive just scratched the surface.