Hammond Clone in INTEGRA7

Forum for Integra 7
kernell32

Hammond Clone in INTEGRA7

Post by kernell32 »

Integra7 + ax00Pro + sysex = hammond clone.

You can adjust in realtime drawbar,Percussion on/off,percussion Level, leslie On/off and more..

watch the video

http://www.leopardlabel.com/integra7.html
steve77

Re: Hammond Clone in INTEGRA7

Post by steve77 »

kernell32 wrote:Integra7 + ax00Pro + sysex = hammond clone.

You can adjust in realtime drawbar,Percussion on/off,percussion Level, leslie On/off and more..

watch the video

so he did that with a Roland A pro 800? because Im getting one, Id like to know how he did that
with individual drawbars on the sliders.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

steve77 wrote:

watch the video

so he did that with a Roland A pro 800? because Im getting one, Id like to know how he did that
The easiest way would be for Kernell32 to send you the A-Pro control map he is using.

The way I did it on a fantom, was by capturing the MIDI Data while moving the command I want and then reproducing/adapting it (using the MIDI implementation part of the manual) in order to be configured on the A-Pro via the control Panel.

Just to give you two examples:

A SysEx for Transposing -1 semitone:

A SysEx for Selecting the Performance called Burninglead:

I hope this helps to get you started
Attachments
SysEx - Burninglead performance
SysEx - Burninglead performance
SysEx_Burninglead.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 9574 times
SysEx - Transpose -1 semitone
SysEx - Transpose -1 semitone
SysEx_Transpose.jpg (27.52 KiB) Viewed 9574 times
steve77

Post by steve77 »

PauloF wrote:
steve77 wrote:

watch the video

The easiest way would be for Kernell32 to send you the A-Pro control map he is using.

The way I did it on a fantom, was by capturing the MIDI Data while moving the command I want and then reproducing/adapting it (using the MIDI implementation part of the manual) in order to be configured on the A-Pro via the control Panel.

Just to give you two examples:

A SysEx for Transposing -1 semitone:

A SysEx for Selecting the Performance called Burninglead:

I hope this helps to get you started

Well Paulof Im going to be totally new with this controller, never had one before and I just know the basics about midi but I got the controller to be able to influence the different musical instrument as shown in the I7 demos with the A49 controller on youtube.I want to learn all that the I7 can do with the instruments and how to copy it.Any help would be useful.I wish there was a midi book for dummies,some of the terminology is still beyond me.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

steve77 wrote:
Well Paulof Im going to be totally new with this controller, never had one before and I just know the basics about midi but I got the controller to be able to influence the different musical instrument as shown in the I7 demos with the A49 controller on youtube.I want to learn all that the I7 can do with the instruments and how to copy it.Any help would be useful.I wish there was a midi book for dummies,some of the terminology is still beyond me.
Actually MIDI is not an easy thing...I can suggest you begin reading the basics. There's a lot of documentation in the Net regarding MIDI, but I can recommend you read this one from Roland.

http://cms.rolandus.com/assets/media/pd ... 1_MIDI.pdf

The integra manual has some deep information on the MIDI implementation, but you should play a little bit with MIDI as it's not really easy. I took some time, and I don't consider myself as an expert...far from that

Unfortunately I don' have an Integra myself, so my help is limited to what I can read from the manuals...
Anyway, if I can help, count with me.

With the A-Pro you get the benefit of 2 simultaneous Midi channel control (A-49 a single channel) and a reasonable Aftertouch.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

There are a few ways you can do this.
The basic structure of the Integra is the Studio Set (performance for the XV's amongst you).

The Studio Set has 16 Parts and each part can respond to any channel so if your keyboard is set to output on Channel 1 then you can get 1 part or as many as 16 to respond.
So if you set 8 parts to have a different Organ patch and have those parts respond to Midi channel 1 then you can uses sysex to adjust the volume on each part via a fader as in the video.

Another way is to use the 4 Partials (previously called Tones).
Simply, each Partial is built up of Oscillator -> Filter -> Amp.
Set the Oscillator to an organ sample and mix the 4 partials using the faders sending sysex.
This way you only need 2 Parts for your 8 faders.

I believe the keyboard can have zones set to different channels.
This way you can set up a pedal part in the left hand and the right hand can play as if it is on a different manual (keyboard).

All the best
Royce
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

rcraven wrote:There are a few ways you can do this.
The basic structure of the Integra is the Studio Set (performance for the XV's amongst you).

The Studio Set has 16 Parts and each part can respond to any channel so if your keyboard is set to output on Channel 1 then you can get 1 part or as many as 16 to respond.
So if you set 8 parts to have a different Organ patch and have those parts respond to Midi channel 1 then you can uses sysex to adjust the volume on each part via a fader as in the video.

Another way is to use the 4 Partials (previously called Tones).
Simply, each Partial is built up of Oscillator -> Filter -> Amp.
Set the Oscillator to an organ sample and mix the 4 partials using the faders sending sysex.
This way you only need 2 Parts for your 8 faders.

I believe the keyboard can have zones set to different channels.
This way you can set up a pedal part in the left hand and the right hand can play as if it is on a different manual (keyboard).

All the best
Royce
I don't know if Kernell32 used any of those options in his example, but they are indeed very good tips and (I think) relatively easy to implement with the A-Pro. Thanks Royce

Actually
steve77

Post by steve77 »

If you look on page 19 & 20 of the Roland I7 Parameter guide it shows you that you can set up the drawbars of the organ individually and the percussion etc I just spotted it today .....but how to do it is another thing.
kernell32

Post by kernell32 »

Hi, here you the sysex list for drawbar.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

dw1 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 22 DT S1 F7
dw2 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 23 DT S1 F7
dw3 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 24 DT S1 F7
dw4 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 25 DT S1 F7
dw5 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 26 DT S1 F7
dw6 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 27 DT S1 F7
dw7 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 28 DT S1 F7
dw8 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 29 DT S1 F7
dw9 F0 41 10 00 00 64 12 SS 19 02 00 2A DT S1 F7

Date type DT0 7bit min 8 max 0

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

ATTENTION !!

This sysex these files are valid if you select a sound organ only in Part 1 !!

I'm not a programmer but an expert sysex can solve the problem.
steve77

Post by steve77 »

Im just learning what system exclusive means... is it kind of like a data dump whereby all the assingments at the same time get loaded? Im really new at this Kernell.
kernell32

Post by kernell32 »

jelke1

Post by jelke1 »

Hi,

I have a controller keyboard with 9 slids etc. and I want to control the tone wheels of the integra 7. The Controller Keyboard (Fatar VMK 88) can only send controller numbers.

My question:
Is it possible to make it with the midi event processor (plus) or is it better to buy the a 300 pro ?

Regards,
RayD

Post by RayD »

Yes, the event processor plus is capable of converting your CCs to sysex
melvinhare

Post by melvinhare »

MIDI Designer Lite

Drawbar 1

New Slider
Properties page

Label

Subtype
Normal

Display Min->Max
8-0

Named Ticks
8 Ticks

MIDI page

Message Type
Sysex

Sysex Bytes in Hex
41 10 00 00 64 12 19 02 00 22 V

Checksum
Roland

Bytes in Value

MIDI Min -> Max
Minimum Value
Maximum Value - 0

Invert Range

Default Value

=====================================

Actions Make Similar to copy first drawbar

Drawbar 2

Sysex Bytes in Hex
41 10 00 00 64 12 19 02 00 23 V

Just off to purchase the Pro version and complete the other drawbars ...

Thanks to kernell32 for the syses list for drawbars. Still had to work out how to get the checksum for the Integra7 working.

M
Grunwaldt

Post by Grunwaldt »

I did learn how the checksum should be calculated for Roland devices when I coded an editor for the BOSS GX-700 Guitar Effects processor. Dunno about the Integra7, but for the GX-700 you can simply set the checksum to 0x00 and it still worked. In any case...

Here is some info:

http://www.2writers.com/eddie/TutSysEx.htm